Your site is garbage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 49

Thread: Your site is garbage

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gaithersburg, Md.
    Posts
    1,764

    Your site is garbage

    i cannot use it for more than a few seconds without being redirected. Here is yet another one. There are at least four other ones working so you block this one and they will keep coming

    https://wmartcards.club/4/index.html...3178-ee41c51z#

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gaithersburg, Md.
    Posts
    1,764

  4. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kingsport, TN
    Posts
    3,415
    I gotta say I see these threads, but I've never had anything pop up. But then again, I only use my computer with Firefox or Google Chrome. Are these issues on a PC, or are they on mobile? I've only used a phone once or twice to look at the site (a couple of years ago), but I get a bunch of foolish popups when I try to look at the local newspaper, which leads me to think that a lot of the BS is probably related to phone security issues. I don't know.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    “To be is to do - Socrates / To do is to be - Sartre / Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra” -- Kurt Vonnegut

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    304
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHoTep View Post
    I gotta say I see these threads, but I've never had anything pop up. But then again, I only use my computer with Firefox or Google Chrome. Are these issues on a PC, or are they on mobile? I've only used a phone once or twice to look at the site (a couple of years ago), but I get a bunch of foolish popups when I try to look at the local newspaper, which leads me to think that a lot of the BS is probably related to phone security issues. I don't know.
    This only happens on mobile devices. And, it stems not from phone security issues, rather, with the third party companies who advertise.

    I know this site doesn't like links but here's one to a site that explains it.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wir...-stop-them/amp

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    304
    An excerpt from the story.

    "What enables these ad redirects to haunt virtually any browser or app at any time, rather than just the sketchy backwaters in which they used to roam? Third-party ad servers that either don't vet ad submissions properly for the JavaScript components that could cause redirects, or get duped by innocent-looking ads that hide their sketchy code."

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gaithersburg, Md.
    Posts
    1,764

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    275
    Sent those up. Thanks for letting us know.

    Try clearing your cache and cookies as well.

    - JB

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    304
    http://happy.goodluckspace.com/bonus...0&rwidth=0&e=4

    Here's another one in case any of you are lonely for female affection. Maybe the site owners can start a new site. "Porn n' Surf".

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Gaithersburg, Md.
    Posts
    1,764

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by brob757 View Post
    http://happy.goodluckspace.com/bonus...0&rwidth=0&e=4

    Here's another one in case any of you are lonely for female affection. Maybe the site owners can start a new site. "Porn n' Surf".
    Quote Originally Posted by 1BadF350 View Post
    What Browser/OS/Device is this on?

    When you see them can you grab screenshots?

    - JB

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    248
    Are you guys who are having problems with popups viewing the page in enhanced mobile view. i always view it in the computer version view. i have not had a popup since we had the first batch of problems. i just tried viewing on my new iphone and had no problems. Switched to enhanced mobile view and had 2 popups in under a minute. switched back to standard view and no popups. if you guys are viewing in enhanced view try switching back and see if that helps. i have nothing but issues in enhanced mobile view.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwalker View Post
    Are you guys who are having problems with popups viewing the page in enhanced mobile view. i always view it in the computer version view. i have not had a popup since we had the first batch of problems. i just tried viewing on my new iphone and had no problems. Switched to enhanced mobile view and had 2 popups in under a minute. switched back to standard view and no popups. if you guys are viewing in enhanced view try switching back and see if that helps. i have nothing but issues in enhanced mobile view.
    What browser are you using on your iphone?
    -Philip

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    248
    Chrome

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    304
    I switched to desktop view and so far no ads. But, what needs to be done is the site owners drop the ad company putting ads on their site. Enhanced mobile view is easier to use, we shouldn't have to avoid it.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hampton va
    Posts
    979
    Quote Originally Posted by brob757 View Post
    I switched to desktop view and so far no ads. But, what needs to be done is the site owners drop the ad company putting ads on their site. Enhanced mobile view is easier to use, we shouldn't have to avoid it.
    good luck with that idea. They in it to make money, not pass around tips on fishing. If this was a pay to join site it would die. I've added apps that are pop up blockers to my phone and so far it's been a huge improvement. Still get an occasional one but it's been a long time since the last one on this sight.
    Last edited by Benji; 01-02-2019 at 11:40 PM.

  17. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    387
    OK...while we're on the subject of site misadventures.... I'm a regular on the South Carolina/Georgia forum. We have a lot of problems with newbies coming in and trying to post pictures but ending up with having to click a link or dead links instead of displaying the picture.. We have a rule on our forum......"If there's no picture, then it didn't happen!" I'm assuming that this is site-wide and not just some Yankee plot to discourage us Southerners from catching all the fish that Winter over down our way. Are y'all looking into a fix that permits a photo or video to attach using the buttons above with a simple click? Thanks....

    Attachment 59197

  18. #17
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,188
    Quote Originally Posted by chefrobb View Post
    ok...while we're on the subject of site misadventures.... I'm a regular on the south carolina/georgia forum. We have a lot of problems with newbies coming in and trying to post pictures but ending up with having to click a link or dead links instead of displaying the picture.. We have a rule on our forum......"if there's no picture, then it didn't happen!" i'm assuming that this is site-wide and not just some yankee plot to discourage us southerners from catching all the fish that winter over down our way. Are y'all looking into a fix that permits a photo or video to attach using the buttons above with a simple click? Thanks....

    Attachment 59197
    Amen!!!

  19. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    275
    Hello there,

    Attachment 59199

    Are you able to open this attachment?
    I will report this since it isn't showing up as a thumbnail.

    Ed

  20. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    15317
    Posts
    833
    Name:  Screenshot_20190107-201139_Chrome.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  46.8 KB



    Nope your attachment is bad. ........pics can only be posted one super secret way.

  21. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hampton va
    Posts
    979
    Can't post mp4 neither. Like video taken on a mobile phone.

  22. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    275
    Thanks for the info,

    Going to pass it along to the techs.

    Ed

  23. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    275
    Name:  Lothar.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  21.9 KB

    Kevin

  24. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Posts
    2,087
    Well, %@#&^*!

  25. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Surfside Beach, SC
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    Hello there,

    Attachment 59199

    Are you able to open this attachment?
    I will report this since it isn't showing up as a thumbnail.

    Ed
    Nope.

  26. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    275
    Name:  Test.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  3.7 KB

    Got feedback from the techs on this.
    Seems like this is a bug with vB4 software.
    If you use "Insert Image", that would make the attachment turn into "Attachment 12345".
    The alternative to getting this working is to go into Go Advanced > Paper Clip Icon > Attach Image > Inline

    Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •