Vibe kayak

Thread: Vibe kayak

Vibe kayak

Did anyone ever use a Vibe Skipjack or Yellow fin on the ocean? I use an Ocean Kayak Scrambler now but was looking at getting my son one and the Vibe looks like a good one for there but need some feedback before buying.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Tough crowd on here. I use an ocean kayak big game 2. But I only fish the bays. Sorry no help here but thought I would respond.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkdrake View Post
    Did anyone ever use a Vibe Skipjack or Yellow fin on the ocean? I use an Ocean Kayak Scrambler now but was looking at getting my son one and the Vibe looks like a good one for there but need some feedback before buying.
    Thanks
    I have 2 vibe yellowfins..good kayak

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by saltwaterron47! View Post
    I have 2 vibe yellowfins..good kayak
    I would also look at the Kaku Wahoo 12.5. The aggressive bow is designed to ride over the chop and it is very stable with tons of deck space.

Thanks for the comments. Ended up getting the Sea Ghost. Didn’t try yet but think it will perform well

I purchased the Sea Ghost 130 last summer...
    after 9 or so years on a 10ft Perception Pescador (kayak fishing).. heavily modified...

I fish the Chesapeake Bay exclusively... been out in lots of crazy conditions and nights.

I knew what I was looking for.
    I found the Sea Ghost 130 very well designed for all the things "I" would have done to make a fishing kayak.

Of course I am always modifying...

Go through all the screws and make sure they are snug.. some are attached to molded-in brass inserts.
    Those are the ones too hard to reach through the hatches....

Here's a link over at Snaggedline.com (kayak fishing forum) for the Chesapeake Bay area..
    to this topic of the screws..
    Look for my name over there (rob-kayak), or posts about "Vibe" for more mods on the Sea Ghost 130.
    http://www.snaggedline.com/forumdisplay.php?5-Dry-Dock

This website is a great website.. you may also look at Snaggedline.com for a other Vibe kayak owners and kayak fishermen/women.
    Best to contact me over at Snaggedline.com.. or post about this kayak as I don't visit here often.

Also... if you are going to get a kayak cart... I would strongly suggest NOT to get "through the scupper hole" type of cart.
    While I have not heard of any problems... thru the scupper hole carts.. with this kayak... I have also not seen anybody using them.
    These type of carts put too much stress on scupper holes, unless they are specifically designed for the kayak.. like the Hobie type.
    Last edited by rob-kayak; 05-12-2019 at 02:48 PM.