When is the main page going to be..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When is the main page going to be.....

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigWillJ View Post
    Let’s see, we have:
    Members who log in to view the site (what you apparently label the "core user group", and may or may not post.
    Members who may or may not choose to log in, before or after coming here to view the site.
    Non-members who can view the site, but unable to post unless they register.
    Perhaps I'm also missing the justification of lumping non-logged in members with non-registered visitors.
    Look around, and you'll see many "core users" who have been all but scarce.
    You all did log in to see whats up. Ticking the remember me tab when logging in will keep you logged into the site.
    -Philip
    OMG you’re a genius!!! Why didn’t we think of that before!!
    Keep up the good work there, Einstein

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadF350 View Post
    OMG youíre a genius!!! Why didnít we think of that before!!
    Keep up the good work there, Einstein
    It's hilarious too. How many times can we tell them that we are logged in? And no I cannot give a screen shot because to post a picture I have to use enhanced mobile view which leads to 45 hostile takeover ads in a row. The only thing the new program is doing is making it look like nobody is posting. I'm telling you I think all of this crap is an activist move to get rid of this website. Anyone who thinks these moves are good would have to be suffering from an IQ below 70. You'd have to be an idiot to think these changes are good.

You all did log in to see whats up. Ticking the remember me tab when logging in will keep you logged into the site.
    -Philip
    ....and tell me again how you expect to grow and keep your membership by prioritizing non-logged in members and visitors out of an up-to-date forum index?

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Now, each time I close my browser I am being logged off. I have been logged on for over a year and all of a sudden, this site starts logging me off each time I leave....

Now, each time I close my browser I am being logged off. I have been logged on for over a year and all of a sudden, this site starts logging me off each time I leave.... Before, really up until yesterday, I was able to come directly to the site and post without having to log in. So much for that.....

For the forum index, there is a patch being uploaded soon that should improve things a bit. Don't have a solid timeline

brob, for you logged off each time: What browser are you using?

Kevin

I am using Chrome. I logged in 4 times clicking remember me all 4 times and it's finally stuck. Although for a while it was going to a blank white page with blue colored links to each part ofb the site instead of the home page. Although now I am back to being logged in and the site showing that there are no new posts.....

".....patch being uploaded soon that should improve things a bit"

Is that also the answer to, "....and tell me again how you expect to grow and keep your membership by prioritizing non-logged in members and visitors out of an up-to-date forum index"?

The patch was implemented yesterday now.
    Let us know if you're still seeing current issues.

Ed

Still experiencing the same thing. Coming to the page and it shows new topics or posts in forums that have none or it shows no new topics or posts in forums that do. Sometimes going to the top a clicking on "forum" again helps, sometimes it doesn't.

The patch was implemented yesterday now.
    Let us know if you're still seeing current issues.

Ed
    What was the patch supposed to do?
    The forum index front page still doesnít show most recent posts when members are not logged on.
    Iíll say this again, the same problem is evident on at least one other site under your ownership.

The forum index front page still doesnít show most recent posts when members are not logged on.
    Iíll say this again, the same problem is evident on at least one other site under your ownership.
    Sorry for the confusion,

Seems like that update was not related to this.
    As we noted, with regards to threads not updating when you're logged out.
    We recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security.
    This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. I'd say that's what's going on here.

Ed

The forum index front page still doesn’t show most recent posts when members are not logged on.
    I’ll say this again, the same problem is evident on at least one other site under your ownership.
    Sorry for the confusion,

We recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security.
    This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. I'd say that's what's going on here.

Ed
    But you still haven’t done anything to stop the pop ups and redirects.
    I suppose in your opinion my optimum forum experience is having to close out and reopen the forum 35 times in order to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1BadF350 View Post
    But you still havenít done anything to stop the pop ups and redirects.
    I suppose in your opinion my optimum forum experience is having to close out and reopen the forum 35 times in order to use it.
    They must get their water shipped in special from Flint Michigan....

Sorry for the confusion,

This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content.
    I'd say that's what's going on here.

Ed
    You keep saying that like it's some sort of awe-inspiring epiphany.
    A quick peek at some of your other "outdoor" forums/websites, with similar annoying happenings, lends itself to suggesting you should perhaps replace some of your 200 or so employees, who seem to spend too much time trying to justify their presence, with people who understand how to "hear" what users are saying, and subsequently "fix" the annoying operating features.
    As the saying goes, "you can't please all of the people, all of the time", but you could surely do better.

You keep saying that like it's some sort of awe-inspiring epiphany.
    A quick peek at some of your other "outdoor" forums/websites, with similar annoying happenings, lends itself to suggesting you should perhaps replace some of your 200 or so employees, who seem to spend too much time trying to justify their presence, with people who understand how to "hear" what users are saying, and subsequently "fix" the annoying operating features.
    As the saying goes, "you can't please all of the people, all of the time", but you could surely do better.
    Two posts above confidently say there was a patch being implemented that will take care of the issue. They implemented other technology to help with site speed and security. Well I've yet to hear anyone ever complain about site speed and the only security issues I've seen so far have been redirecting pop-ups that have yet to be addressed in any way shape or form. So the implementation of cloud flare, to correct nonexistent issues, has created more issues for the average user. Normally when you see moves, excuses, and outright lying on a scale like this, the moves are purely being implemented to cut costs and maximize profits. The redirect pop ups can be corrected. But, only by better vetting the advertising partners on their site.. which cuts into profits. I'm sure the hotspots feature somehow cost more than it made in the long run so it's gone. These moves are being implemented with no consideration for the user. It's all lies and excuses. If you truly look at it, it's the same types of excuses, lies, BS, and promises you see in political races etc. How often are politicians ever telling the truth?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12