When is the main page going to be.....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When is the main page going to be.....

When is the main page going to be.....

.....fixed so it is up to date, whether your users are logged in or not, and no matter what platform they are on?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

And some say if you listen real close you can still hear them "sending it up" for answers to this day....

Hasn't been a response in days. Maybe The site has been hacked or it is going under.... Has been very little activity by anyone really...

I recently got a two week ban for telling them to “send up” some choice words in my other thread

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BigWillJ View Post
    .....fixed so it is up to date, whether your users are logged in or not, and no matter what platform they are on?
    By chance, are you on a VPN?
    They're all synced up on my end, but I'll start a rebuild in the backend.
    Please give it some time for it to kick in.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed

I bet it's that dang back end Canooter valve acting up again.....

Looks like a backend rebuild still isn't the solution. Maybe you should adjust the front end alignment or the tire pressure? Grease the Canooter valve and fill the electrical circuit fluid? The truth is none of you have a clue what's going on. It might as well be space aliens. I've yet to see one single solution to any problem that has arisen since I've been coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    By chance, are you on a VPN?
    They're all synced up on my end, but I'll start a rebuild in the backend.
    Please give it some time for it to kick in.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Ed
    Never heard of VPN, so answer must be "no".
    Which is your "end" vs. "backend" vs. "end" for all users?
    Didn't we hear the "give it some time", some time ago?
    BTW - this site isn't the only one experiencing the same issue. But you know that, right?

We recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security. This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. I'd say that's whats going on here.

Niall
    Last edited by VSAdmin; 04-12-2019 at 01:53 PM.

We recently added Cloudflare to the site to provide an optimum experience for users for both site speed and security. This programme prioritizes users who are logged in first so visitors to the site won't see the most up to date content. I'd say that's whats going on here.

Niall
    Seriously? SOOoooo…..when are you going to rid this place of a program that's does nothing better than to drive users away?

Seriously? SOOoooo…..when are you going to rid this place of a program that's does nothing better than to drive users away?
    I know, right! The only problem with this is I was logged in and still had the same issue. I am starting to wonder if this is on purpose by an organization that hates sportsmen. Every change I've seen has been for the worse and so blatantly obviously so.

Quote Originally Posted by brob757 View Post
    I know, right! The only problem with this is I was logged in and still had the same issue. I am starting to wonder if this is on purpose by an organization that hates sportsmen. Every change I've seen has been for the worse and so blatantly obviously so.
    can you take a screenshot showing you as logged in with the thread information out of synch?

Niall

can you take a screenshot showing you as logged in with the thread information out of synch?

Niall
    Nope. Things seem to be back to normal now. Wouldn't be had a few of us not said anything. Besides, the only reason I can figure out that anyone would need a screen shot is that our truthfulness is in question. Which I really don't appreciate but can't say that I wouldn't expect.
    Last edited by brob757; 04-16-2019 at 02:44 AM.

Nope. Things seem to be back to normal now. Wouldn't be had a few of us not said anything. Besides, the only reason I can figure out that anyone would need a screen shot is that our truthfulness is in question. Which I really don't appreciate but can't say that I wouldn't expect.
    A bit of clarity about that statement please. All seems ok when logged on. Still not ok when viewing while not logged on.
    A program that prioritizes between who is, or isn't logged on, by not showing current status of posts to the latter, is just plain wrong.

A bit of clarity about that statement please. All seems ok when logged on. Still not ok when viewing while not logged on.
    A program that prioritizes between who is, or isn't logged on, by not showing current status of posts to the latter, is just plain wrong.
    I believe it's wrong as well. If you just take a quick look as a non member you are going to wonder why you'd join or stop at a site that hasn't seen a new comment in 5 days.... At the same time, members may quickly look to see if a post has been commented on and simply move on.

Well I was wrong..... Back to showing there are updated topics which are not updated once again. Yaaaaay!

As I said the program is there to optimize user experience for our core logged in users. I understand your concerns, but at this point in time, we are focusing on core user group.

Niall

As I said the program is there to optimize user experience for our core logged in users. I understand your concerns, but at this point in time, we are focusing on core user group.

Niall
    Hahahaha! That's like saying "This car is designed to optimize fuel savings and usage by breaking down more often"..... hahahaha!

Niall
    Now thats funny. Your "core" user group seems to consist of maybe 10 people
    who post occasionaly. Except Andypat . You actually have sponsors willing to pay for a
    site with so little activity thats driving any new members elsewhere by not even showing the few current posts available. I must be missing something.

Where is Dave when you need him?

Quote Originally Posted by joek View Post
    Now thats funny. Your "core" user group seems to consist of maybe 10 people
    who post occasionaly. Except Andypat . You actually have sponsors willing to pay for a
    site with so little activity thats driving any new members elsewhere by not even showing the few current posts available. I must be missing something.
    I remember coming to this site since around 2006 or 2007 under another username. I could come here, logged in or not, and look to see if there were new posts in any category. Now, I come here, 12 years later and we can't even manage to see updated posts as logged on regular users because we aren't the "core user group". What exactly is a core user group. So Elon Musk can design rockets to fall back to earth land on a dime from the upper atmosphere yet this site can't even manage to show updates to fully logged on regular users. As others have said, I must be missing something unless they are purposefully trying to chase membership away and get rid of the site...

I remember coming to this site since around 2006 or 2007 under another username. I could come here, logged in or not, and look to see if there were new posts in any category. Now, I come here, 12 years later and we can't even manage to see updated posts as logged on regular users because we aren't the "core user group". What exactly is a core user group. So Elon Musk can design rockets to fall back to earth land on a dime from the upper atmosphere yet this site can't even manage to show updates to fully logged on regular users. As others have said, I must be missing something unless they are purposefully trying to chase membership away and get rid of the site...
    We do want to provide users with the speed of service and the best to members on the forum. which is why we encourage users to remain logged in.
    As for the out of date posts for guests, I'm assuming that this is still being considered and will improve later on, we're still working with ways to improve our communities.

Lee

We do want to provide users with the speed of service and the best to members on the forum. which is why we encourage users to remain logged in.
    As for the out of date posts for guests, I'm assuming that this is still being considered and will improve later on, we're still working with ways to improve our communities.

Lee
    Is your day job stand up comedian
    I guess there can be profit in bankruptcy.

Quote Originally Posted by joek View Post
    Is your day job stand up comedian
    I guess there can be profit in bankruptcy.
    Exactly. We are being told to remain logged in to get the best experience and here I am, remaining logged in, coming to this site this morning, and the main forum page indicates that no new posts have been made since I last visited. I open up Maryland/Delaware and right away see 4 topics with new posts. Same on the Open forum but only 1 topic. I'm not seeing how this is somehow considered an upgrade for me or anyone else.

Niall
    Let’s see, we have:
    Members who log in to view the site (what you apparently label the "core user group", and may or may not post.
    Members who may or may not choose to log in, before or after coming here to view the site.
    Non-members who can view the site, but unable to post unless they register.

Perhaps I'm also missing the justification of lumping non-logged in members with non-registered visitors.

Look around, and you'll see many "core users" who have been all but scarce.

Let’s see, we have:
    Members who log in to view the site (what you apparently label the "core user group", and may or may not post.
    Members who may or may not choose to log in, before or after coming here to view the site.
    Non-members who can view the site, but unable to post unless they register.
    Perhaps I'm also missing the justification of lumping non-logged in members with non-registered visitors.
    Look around, and you'll see many "core users" who have been all but scarce.
    You all did log in to see whats up. Ticking the remember me tab when logging in will keep you logged into the site.
    -Philip

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast