How cold? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: How cold?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Banks of the Susquehanna
    Posts
    56
    After a fing cold day like this there is nothing better then a glass of? For me its Jim Beam! I must be getting old this damn cold snap is hitting me right to the bone!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    N.A.
    Posts
    769
    91 in Costa Rica today. Caught a Dolphin around 60 pounds 150 foot off the beach fishing a 3 lb bonito for Roosterfish.. No roosters today but lots of dolphins and bonitos.

  4. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    15317
    Posts
    833
    Well its still cold here

    Name:  20190202_134420.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  129.3 KB

    Water falls frozen ...I walked down to the creek for the pic. The waterfalls about 30 foot high
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  5. #29
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    The forecast for next week down here is for highs of 70 degrees , Uncover the grill !

  6. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by don brinson View Post
    91 in Costa Rica today. Caught a Dolphin around 60 pounds 150 foot off the beach fishing a 3 lb bonito for Roosterfish.. No roosters today but lots of dolphins and bonitos.
    Good catch Don. Send some of that heat. I saw on the Seaview pier webcam that they did a sand push with dozers this week, all that sand will probably end up down at your end of the island. Have a beer for me in that 91 degree weather.

  7. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by Jollymon View Post
    The forecast for next week down here is for highs of 70 degrees , Uncover the grill !
    Lucky you, I like barbecued chicken!

  8. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by dialout View Post
    Well its still cold here

    Name:  20190202_134420.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  129.3 KB

    Water falls frozen ...I walked down to the creek for the pic. The waterfalls about 30 foot high
    What creek?

  9. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by obxchap View Post
    After a fing cold day like this there is nothing better then a glass of? For me its Jim Beam! I must be getting old this damn cold snap is hitting me right to the bone!
    I believe Jollymon may have some good suggestions for you....

  10. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    15317
    Posts
    833
    Pop
    The falls are on cucumber run the other picture is meadow run about a mile hike between the 2...both end up in the Youghiogheny

  11. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by dialout View Post
    Pop
    The falls are on cucumber run the other picture is meadow run about a mile hike between the 2...both end up in the Youghiogheny
    I grew up not too far from there. Right at the base of the mountains not far from Smithfield. Living near Vanderbilt now. I can't say I've seen Cucumber Falls frozen before. There's lots of nice places to hike around and fish at Ohiopyle. Spent lots of time in Quebec Run Wild Area and hunting SGL 138 when I was a kid too. Nice pictures!

  12. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    550
    Quote Originally Posted by dialout View Post
    Pop
    The falls are on cucumber run the other picture is meadow run about a mile hike between the 2...both end up in the Youghiogheny
    Thanks. Does that stream run all summer?

  13. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    15317
    Posts
    833
    I've seen them pretty low but never dry. Trout fish them all year long.

    Meadow run has "natural water slides" and when they are high I've seen kayaks run the chutes .

  14. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    N.A.
    Posts
    769
    Costa Rica is beautiful. We caught 3 Roosterfish in the 20 to 30 pound range. Lots of Mahi. Took my 9 wt fly rod and had a blast with 3 to 4 lb Bonito.

  15. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hampton va
    Posts
    949
    It's in the 70s today here in southeastern Virginia. I hope the fat gofer is right. If it stays like this for a bit the tog bite may pick up at the bay bridge.

  16. #40
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    Hit 70 here South of Atlanta today, Going to set a new record on Thursday they say.

  17. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by dialout View Post
    I've seen them pretty low but never dry. Trout fish them all year long.

    Meadow run has "natural water slides" and when they are high I've seen kayaks run the chutes .
    I've seen a few people get banged up going down those slides. Always worth a good laugh watching them.

  18. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cumberland Maryland
    Posts
    5,194
    0 last week 63 yesterday

  19. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cumberland Maryland
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by dialout View Post
    Well its still cold here

    Name:  20190202_134420.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  129.3 KB

    Water falls frozen ...I walked down to the creek for the pic. The waterfalls about 30 foot high
    been wanting to go there for a couple years, only about hour away from me too

  20. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    15317
    Posts
    833
    It's a nice drive between there and your neck of the woods. Rt 40 pretty much the whole way

  21. #45
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    75 degrees today and Grilling shrimp for dinner, Crazy February

  22. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cumberland Maryland
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by dialout View Post
    It's a nice drive between there and your neck of the woods. Rt 40 pretty much the whole way
    we've been to the fall but at the time I didn't know about the waterslide

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •