How cold?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 46

Thread: How cold?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    574

    How cold?

    Sitting at 1 degree here in the mountains of Pa.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,207
    I had 19 degrees on my patio here South of Atlanta when I got up at 6am.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Banks of the Susquehanna
    Posts
    64
    Never got above 5 all day here in my part of PA

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Hampton va
    Posts
    1,027
    A balmy 26° in southeastern Virginia

  7. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    15317
    Posts
    833
    Just drove past a sign saying -14 but it's probably some windchill...id guess its actually around 0 ...left my lunch in the truck tonight and it was frozen solid when I went to grab it.

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    574
    Thermometer says 7 below this morning, no wind.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    N.A.
    Posts
    771
    We had -11degrees Monday Morning, it got up to 7 degrees around 3pm.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by don brinson View Post
    We had -11degrees Monday Morning, it got up to 7 degrees around 3pm.
    I hoped you would report, knew it would be chilly in Michigan! You still planning on going out of the country? Today was Dale's birthday, he would have been 68. Hope you are well.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    N.A.
    Posts
    771
    I was down at Topsail last week doing some emergency repairs.
    I was in Sneads Ferry having dinner and drove past Dales place. Hard to believe he's gone.
    Yep, We leave for Costa Rica a week from tomorrow. Can not wait to start fishing in warm weather.
    We just made reservations for next Nov. for a week in Punta Cana, Its a 4 day music festival with some of my favorite musicians. John Prine and 13 other artist.

    Retirement has been very busy so far.

    Stay warm.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by don brinson View Post
    I was down at Topsail last week doing some emergency repairs.
    I was in Sneads Ferry having dinner and drove past Dales place. Hard to believe he's gone.
    Yep, We leave for Costa Rica a week from tomorrow. Can not wait to start fishing in warm weather.
    We just made reservations for next Nov. for a week in Punta Cana, Its a 4 day music festival with some of my favorite musicians. John Prine and 13 other artist.

    Retirement has been very busy so far.

    Stay warm.
    Good to hear all that Don, enjoy yourselves!

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    little river sc
    Posts
    199
    65 in little river sc

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Venice FL
    Posts
    4,313
    Attachment 59327 It's warm in Federalsburg Md.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,207
    Got up to 69 here just south of Atlanta but it's supposed to go way down by Friday

  16. #14
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,207
    Had 19 degrees here at 6am

  17. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Baker, WV
    Posts
    899
    last Tuesday had 3 degrees in Baker, wv
    js

  18. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    574
    Looks like another round of cold for the USA coming. On the brighter side at least we are almost done January.

  19. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    N.A.
    Posts
    771
    We are gone to get around 8 inches of snow tomorrow, then temp drops , our high Wednesday is going to be 5 below zero. Wind chills in the 30 to 40 below range. January is going out with a bang.

  20. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by don brinson View Post
    We are gone to get around 8 inches of snow tomorrow, then temp drops , our high Wednesday is going to be 5 below zero. Wind chills in the 30 to 40 below range. January is going out with a bang.
    That's some nasty temps Don, we are supposed to get that same system Tuesday, but 4-6'' of snow and then morning temps below zero but warming up to the single digits by afternoon Wed. and Thursday, woo hoo!! I'm sure Costa Rica couldn't come sooner, will be interested to hear what you catch, good luck, have fun.

  21. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    309
    Heading back out on the night shift at the well pad Thursday night. Going down to below zero again. Winter Operations are a headache... Stay warm everyone.

  22. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by brob757 View Post
    Heading back out on the night shift at the well pad Thursday night. Going down to below zero again. Winter Operations are a headache... Stay warm everyone.
    Natural gas well pad here in Pa.? I was hoping to retire in style when all the landsmen were wanting to lease my farm but no good offers 5-6 yrs. ago, I'll probably be underground when the next round of offers start, if they start.

  23. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by poppop1 View Post
    Natural gas well pad here in Pa.? I was hoping to retire in style when all the landsmen were wanting to lease my farm but no good offers 5-6 yrs. ago, I'll probably be underground when the next round of offers start, if they start.
    I'm currently working on a crew in West Virginia.

  24. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Todd, Pa.
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by brob757 View Post
    I'm currently working on a crew in West Virginia.
    Any talk of new leases at your co.?, are you with Chespeake? We never had the big companies wanting to lease here in Huntingdon county, Pa. There is a well about 4 miles from my farm that was fracked by all the big Haliburton trucks and is pumping gas, that was about 6 yrs. ago. Company was Pa. General Energy. We have mostly Devonium shale, not Marcellus or Utica.

  25. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Banks of the Susquehanna
    Posts
    64
    -8 and still falling

  26. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    N.A.
    Posts
    771
    -16 this morning, wind at 15mph. Windchill about -40. About 14 inches of snow since Monday
    Stay safe and warm

  27. #25
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,207
    A nice 21° at 6am here , no wind ,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •