Bull Crap pop ups.. - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bull Crap pop ups..

Quote Originally Posted by VSAdmin View Post
    While it can be frustrating, this issue is happening to tons of sites across the internet. A Google search will confirm this. We do not profit from pop-up ads and have been working overtime to resolve it until a more permanent solution can be found.

We've sent the links up to be looked at. Thanks.

- JB
    Dont yall run Powerstroke.org and toyota4runner.org also?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

They're both in our network as well.

Kevin

Yeah I get the same crap there too.... I only use them when I'm working on one of my vehicles so I'm not on them near as much as I am on this one ..

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Hey there,

One solution is to use enhanced mobile view (not available on IPads/only vBulletin sites) or use tapatalk.

Another is to turn off javascript if you're using safari, but this will make some functions not work. Settings > Safari > Advanced > Turn off Javascript

An apple user reported that they turned it off for a while and turned javascript back on and the pop-ups came up less.

Attachment 51761

Maybe give this a try and see how this goes?

Ed

Hey there,

One solution is to use enhanced mobile view (not available on IPads/only vBulletin sites) or use tapatalk.

Another is to turn off javascript if you're using safari, but this will make some functions not work. Settings > Safari > Advanced > Turn off Javascript

An apple user reported that they turned it off for a while and turned javascript back on and the pop-ups came up less.

Attachment 51761

Maybe give this a try and see how this goes?

Ed
    Terrific.....we've gone from whack-a-mole to picking at straws. Keep trying, maybe we'll get there.

If it's any consolation, I haven't seen any of those annoying interruptions from Amazon the last couple of days on my Ipad. (Wish I hadn't said that.)

I did happen across some fake notices about a virus affecting the Ipad, but not while visiting any known VS sites.

We're seeing a general slowing of reports of these as well. Hope that means the we're seeing a turn in the tide, rather then a calm before another storm.

There were a couple ios updates recently. Did you apply them by chance?

Kevin

Nope. I don’t get updates automatically, but I get notices. No notices lately, so I double checked, and I’m up to date.

Okay, thanks for clarifying. Please let us know if any more of these pop ups show up. As Kevin mentioned above, they really do seem to be occurring much less frequently, so let's hope it stays that way! Thanks for all your patience throughout all of those pop-ups - we know they have been super frustrating!

Cheers,

Erik

Nice while it lasted.....but this just reared its ugly head.....

http://icardiac.club/us_amazon_amazo...Bsitedomain%7D

How CHEESY!!!
    Name:  IMG_1084.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  127.1 KB
    You guys are scraping the bottom of the barrel

Sent those up to be blocked. As for the dating ad, GoogleAds are based off search history, whats being searched in your area, state, country, ect. If you have an issue with an ad, provide the URL and the issue and we'll look into it.

- JB

Man, thars funny!!!

I don't search any dating sites...

Hell No I ain't clicking on any ad just so I can get the URL ...

Thanks, that's been reported.

Niall

Try chrome. I just tried both safari and chrome and don't get the ads every body is getting. Has to be some settings in my opinion.

Since my profile has not been deleted just figured i would give others a heads up as to what I'm doing now. Every single time i get a pop up, i send feedback to Google. I'm going to continue to send an email or feedback for every single pop up i get. Fifty pop ups? Fifty times I will notify Google. I encourage everyone on here to do the same, and tell everyone you know to do the same. If Google has a number, call if that suits you. They need to be inundated with complaints and then maybe they'll do something. I can't even look at Accuweather radar without these pop ups. Obviously it's not just one single website.

Quote Originally Posted by twbranch View Post
    Try chrome. I just tried both safari and chrome and don't get the ads every body is getting. Has to be some settings in my opinion.
    Thanks for the feedback, yes, maybe try a different browser?
    Usually, these ads target apple users on Safari. There are fewer reports of this on Chrome and other browsers

Ed

I'm using Chome Genius.

Once again VSA , I can keep doing this til the cows come home

http://user.landing-page.serving-sys...V8E8PAVYnAA6oJ

Name:  IMG_1087.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  35.0 KB

^^^ x 3.14159..............................................

Admin - are you any closer to a more permanent solution for stopping these pop-up ads? At times they render this site useless.

Sent those up. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWillJ View Post
    Admin - are you any closer to a more permanent solution for stopping these pop-up ads? At times they render this site useless.
    Were continuing to look into it and block the pop ups that are reported until something more permanent is in place. At this time you can disable javascript, switch to Enhanced mobile view, or try another browser.

We appreciate the reported popups you all are providing so we can get to the bottom of this.

- JB

Quote Originally Posted by twbranch View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, yes, maybe try a different browser?
    Usually, these ads target apple users on Safari. There are fewer reports of this on Chrome and other browsers

Ed
    Four tries, four pop ups. Chrome is no better. I've emailed Google 9 times so far today. I will continue to do so every single time i get a pop up. Become a thorn in their side.

From a user’s perspective, changing settings, etc, shouldn’t even be a consideration, much less, a requirement. This Ipad/Safari has been working fine all along, up until these pop-ups started appearing. Seems to me, the “fix” belongs to the organizations who stand to gain financially, and, who are apparently getting a free ride by advertising on various user sites. VS Admin says they aren’t benefitting, correct?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast