P&S SPRING FLING 2005 FOOD & ATTENDANCE LIST - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: P&S SPRING FLING 2005 FOOD & ATTENDANCE LIST

The venue was voted on

and the Peake won. I was thinking the same thing. I voted for SPSP. Lot more room for 30 people and multipy rods.

I know not everyone will show up, but still the pier would be crowded.

If we move it to SPSP how many people will not come?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

If you think 30 people for the pier is crowded, wait until you go to LIP during the drum season. Besides, it will just going to be most of P&S members, we just do the over under and should be find. 2 rods limits, 1 far aand 1 near, if you can't cast straight, go to the side not the end of the pier.

Hatteras Shuffle Method

It is my understanding that when surffishermen fish at the Point at Hatteras, NC, they cast one at a time, shuffling to the right whenever one reels in the catch. The one who catches the fish moves to the left to make a new cast giving everyone an opportunity to fish. Perhaps one who has actually been there can explain better.

Anyhow, maybe the Matapeake party can form several lines i.e., the first line steps up to the rail to cast. Whenever one reels in a fish, he gives up his position to the one behind him. In the meantime, the third or fourth line can go to the food section to stuff himself.

Or they can draw numbers from a hat to decide who go first

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

pinoyfisher Guest

Hey I want to go!

Hey! I want to go to this SPSP .. But i don't know what to bring.. Can i just bring my self??? or you can give me some idea of what is good to bring

Anybody can come

Just bring a dish. How about some pasta salad or baked beans. Your choice.

Figure 30 or so say they will attend, most times it seems like half actually arrive there, so, figure 15 maybe at best 20 people. Me, since I live so close, I'd be willing to appear with no poles, and let others fish. Seems as much as, if not more than actually fishing, these things are a social event, have fun, see old friends and meet new ones. So, let's stay away from technicalities, those who want, yeah, two rods seem reasonable, yes switching places may be an alternative, but we know how fishermen can be at times, me, might just get there Friday night, stake my claim with three or four rods, and say, "welcome to the neighborhood". Not my style though, wouldn't do it, so if I make my appearence, I will make it with food, but no fishing rods. Good friends and good times, fishing or not.

Have Jeep will travel

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy
    Figure 30 or so say they will attend, most times it seems like half actually arrive there, so, figure 15 maybe at best 20 people. Me, since I live so close, I'd be willing to appear with no poles, and let others fish. Seems as much as, if not more than actually fishing, these things are a social event, have fun, see old friends and meet new ones. So, let's stay away from technicalities, those who want, yeah, two rods seem reasonable, yes switching places may be an alternative, but we know how fishermen can be at times, me, might just get there Friday night, stake my claim with three or four rods, and say, "welcome to the neighborhood". Not my style though, wouldn't do it, so if I make my appearence, I will make it with food, but no fishing rods. Good friends and good times, fishing or not.

Have Jeep will travel

....jus a good reason to share a cold one.....Shag...better put the cooler under locks and chains

Sounds like a weenie

that can't get a hall pass after dark to me. We always have thirty that say they will come. I've been at everyone of these. The most people we have ever had was 22. There will be plenty of room!....Tightlines

Hey Clyde You froze them off yet??

Dag it is cold.....I have been ebaying equipment up...LOL. Got some nice shark reels now looking for rods! I am going to get me some nice rigs to replace the ones that the idiot snapped in the parking lot last year!

Got my eyes on a good deal on a 525 Mag..for my son Charlie to work on his distance castiing.

Hooks up,
    Forrest

SEE YA MARCH 5th!

I hear ya Forrest!

It's that time of year when us addicts load up on new toys. Don't spend it all pal. Soon we'll need some of them highdollar pealers to fish with. Know what I mean? .....Tightlines

I'll bring to the fling 2 bags of charcoal.

I will bring Hambugers and buns.

I have two cases of Coors light, 1 case of Sam Adams, and one case of Mickey's beer, a propane camping stove, large coffee pot, and the coffee. I will have several coolers and since I have not been to the peake how far do you park from the pier?
    Since I have not been out for awhile I will be the one casting from the ends..
    Where will the bloodworms be availalble? Whata other bait is good?
    Last edited by jcreamer; 02-10-2005 at 02:52 AM.

Not too far from the pier. There are parkings as you drive thru the the entrance, maybe 1/8 of a mile from the parking lot to the end of the pier. If you have all those beers, I'm sure most of the guys don't mind helping you carry them in. Besides, Hat80 has a scooter, and he could toll your stuffs in.
    BLOODWORM IS THE ONLY BAIT NOTHING ELSE!!!

Yep I have the beers..I remodelled my basement and turned itinto a combination living room/family room..I bought a 4 cuft cooler and it was filled as a gift from the family..I have put adent in it but it stays full...
    Funny part is I thought not many people had heard of Mickeys beer and that is all the family and neighbors have been drinking.

Damn, you talking big mouths?

They were pretty popular in college.

Have Jeep will travel

Fishing right on the bay and no Natty Boh..at least a token nod to our Bay beer heritage. What kind of folks am I getting involved with!!??

Look Al something new for ya

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy
    Damn, you talking big mouths?

They were pretty popular in college.

Have Jeep will travel
    Sure am..When I have company that is all that theydrink..There is a little oriental liqour store by me that keeps cases of mickeys in stock..
    Matter of fact I am enjoying one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon
    Look Al something new for ya

ya callin me a big mouth.....I'll stick wit my B/L's

Mickey's

When I was in college, we used to have Mickey's at some of our parties. Back then, the tops were kind of funky -- you had to pull a tab and then pull straight up. After experiencing a few hangover hells (directly as a result of Mickey's) -- we used to liken popping the top on 'em to pulling the pin on a grenade -- the short squatty green shape helped support our theory !

Memories --

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345