Pier Report: Mb state park pier. - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mb state park pier.

Spent the day on the MBSP pier, just a few very small Whiting and Pompano on fishbites and a fireball rig. Lots of Sharks in the area. Other fisherman said they have fished most of the piers in the area and have not done much better. Water looks a lot better than it has in the last few months. Lots of people on the pier, things should get better after Sept 4th. Might try Murrells Inlet in my small skiff Monday, report will follow if I do.
    Last edited by ROWDY ROD; 09-03-2017 at 10:21 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Hurricane comin !!!!!!

I feel sorry for all in the path, may they all have God's speed...

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Fishing the MBSP pier thursday, report will follow. Have not seen many reports in the area lately, anyone fishing the surf?

Great day at the MBSP. Spots everywhere, I used fishbites bag o worms maybe 25 fish in about 3 hours. One 12.5" flounder he went back, got him on a fishfinder rig and a live finger mullet. Lots of Pompano in the surf on fishbites landed 8 just over hand size. Fished the outgoing tide. Pier had a lot of folks fishing for spots most seem to do well on frozen shrimp some used bloodworms. Water was still very murky, 2.5 foot seas, winds were 15 to 20 mph out of the ne and east in the afternoon.

Anyone fishing the surf? Give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.... Good luck to all you fishing folks....

May not see the fall run til december like last year.

Three, 2 ft sharks on finger mullets, 10 to 15 blues lost count 12 to 15 inches long ,on finger mullet, one small black drum on fishbites. Fishing the suds. Some folks on the pier had a few smaller spots and very small whiting. All in all not a bad day. Will the water ever get clear? Some mullet still running the surf in small groups. May put the micro skiff in murrells inlet tomorrow, if I do report will follow. Good luck to all you folks....

Thanks for the report. Let us know how you do.

Fished murrells inlet in the back waters, ( creeks ) from sun up to about 1230, no joy. Mostly pinfish, on fishbites. One good hit on a flounder rig with live finger mullet, missed it. Made my way back to the MBSP pier fished for 4 hours, 6 blues 9 to 14 inches on live finger mullet, no spots, very small whiting on fishbites, shrimp. Some folks had a few good black drums 16 to 17 inches, on shrimp. No sharks today ( I don't care for sharks), Some folks like the pull but I can live without it. I would love to see a good cold NE wind for about a week.

Good luck to all you folks...

Thanks for the reports. I hope to make it down next week. Hopefully we can get that cold front and NE wind.

Lots of menhaden headed south. Thats a good sign.

Winds from the east fish bite the least, winds from the west fish bite the best, I said NE winds / we need a NW winds. It's hell to get old....

Good luck to all you surf/pier pounding fishing folks...

Late report, fished the MBSP pier monday, one flounder 13" on live finger mullet. One redfish on live mullet 17.75". One small black drum on fishbites (shrimp), Four bluefish 10-14"on live mullet. Six small spots on fishbites ( bag o worms). Some folks had some good whitings, One man had two nice size flounders 17 -18" on live mullet. For folks that are still looking for finger mullet I saw a lot in the surf in smaller groups.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL.....

Did the MBSP pier today, lots of bluefish on finger mullet in the surf. I lost count. I love this weather, some folks had a few spots, small black drums and small whiting.

Good luck to all.....

Fished the state park pier on tuesday. 0ne weakfisk at 17" 4 bluefish 10 to 14" and one small trout all on live mullet . Saw a man pull in a 33" red fish on fresh shrimp. Also, saw a good cooler full of large spots. The mullet are still in the surf for those of you that need some.

Good luck to all..... and keep those hooks wet......

Happy Thanksgiving to all you good folks..... We are blessed to live in the USA.

Wife had a very bad case of Pneumonia for the last 3 weeks (bad stuff). So, I made it out to the MBSP pier thursday and had a great day, no joy with the fish but a great day all the same. I got 5 small black drum maybe 7-10" very small whiting and that was it. I did see a woman with a 19" black drum, two 20-22" redfish a man used a johnson silver spoon for them slow rolling on the bottom. I hope to put the micro skiff in Murrells Inlet back creeks this week.

Good luck to all...

Quote Originally Posted by ROWDY ROD View Post
    Wife had a very bad case of Pneumonia for the last 3 weeks (bad stuff). So, I made it out to the MBSP pier thursday and had a great day, no joy with the fish but a great day all the same. I got 5 small black drum maybe 7-10" very small whiting and that was it. I did see a woman with a 19" black drum, two 20-22" redfish a man used a johnson silver spoon for them slow rolling on the bottom. I hope to put the micro skiff in Murrells Inlet back creeks this week.

Good luck to all...
    Good luck to you too, Shark Fighter. I've been killing trout around the jetty now that the weather took a chill pill.

Five people on the pier, 40 - 50ft apart and all the room you could ever ask for......
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Global warming my a$$ !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ROWDY ROD View Post
    Five people on the pier, 40 - 50ft apart and all the room you could ever ask for......
    Hahahahaha! Yup.

Two whales spotted off the MB state park pier today moving north..... 80 degrees for the weekend...no rain... water temp still cold low 50's...

Walked the MB state park pier on saturday am most folks said things are very slow. I saw one shark 23 -25 long, very small whiting, one very small spanish. I put the boat in the ditch at Socastee swing bridge and headed south to were the waccamaw river meet the ditch for bull bream and bass the bite was on. Caught a lot and keep a few, crickets and an old cane pole. I love to fish that way...

Dinner is served...

Yum!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast