Pier and Surf Forum banner

Mb state park pier.

70K views 188 replies 21 participants last post by  piscesman 
#1 ·
I have fished it a few times in the last few weeks with no luck at all. Anyone know if the water is still dirty there? I stayed about 5 hours each time I went. Bait I used was mud minnows, finger mullet, and live shrimp. I was watching and on one was doing much of anything .

#88 ·
abass105, Yes, the pier should be open the last week of September or second week of October, if we don't get anymore storms. All they have left to do is replace all the chairs. The chairs are already made just have to mount them.

flathead, sometimes I use the Berkley Trilene Big Game good stuff... I looked up the J braid, see what you mean about the color. Have you used it in the past?

Good luck folks and take a kid fishing......

#90 ·
Cut mullet was the way to go today, after hooking up with about 13 juveniles under 15" a keeper. Finally, 22" long first keeper for me all year. Still fun to hook up with all the juveniles but, almost a nuisance. Park rangers pulled dead shark off the beach this morn.

Good luck folks...Keep those hooks wet..

Attachments

#92 ·
ROWDY ROD. nope have not used it but it is selling well here in a local shop.........understand it has excellent abrasion resistance....I used Berkley Fireline for several years before switching to Power Pro............use the 8# dia/ 30# test on my BG15s, about 40 yards of BBG 15# backing with 150 yards of PP top, moss green..........where I fish the water is usually slightly dingy so I don't have to use a fluoro leader,just my fluoro rigs.

#93 ·
Reds and Blues , Blues and Reds, all juveniles. Cut finger mullet. Hard to keep 4 oz lead on the bottom today. Surf is very rough, has been for the last few days. Water is a bit cloudy, some spots had three sets of breakers, ocean was hard to read, for me anyways.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND KEEP THOSE HOOKS WET...

#94 · (Edited)
Great days at the beach, Monday and Tuesday. Incoming tide, cut mullet. About 12 small reds less than 15" and one 26"er. No keepers! Surf was smooth and a light wind. Left my flounder pole at the house, by mistake...

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND KEEP THOSE HOOKS WET......

Attachments

#96 · (Edited)
Whiting on sand fleas, lost count after 10 or so, Two Black Drum on fishbites less than 14 in. One very small spot. 18.5 in Trout on live finger mullet, let it go. Wind was light ocean was smooth. No one around me, just the way I like it!!!

GOOD LUCK FOLKS AND KEEP THOSE HOOKS WET...

Attachments

#99 ·
Tried to target some Spot fish in the surf, not a one. To many whiting to count and some small Pompanos on Fishbites bag O' worms. One 19 in Weakfish on live finger mullet. Had a shrimp boat run off the end on the pier all day long, must have been a good spot.

Good luck to all you folks, and keep those hooks wet...

Attachments

#100 · (Edited)
20 Mph winds today maybe more, very heavy surf. Had a hard time keeping 6 oz on the bottom, found some mullet up the creek no sand fleas. Got broke off twice by Sharks. Other than that a few small Whiting. Spoke with the foremen in charge of the pier repair he said "it may be done by mid November" his words not mine...

Good luck to all, keep those hooks wet...

Attachments

#103 ·
Late Report Nov 19, Black Drum bite is still on just pass the suds... Shrimp fishbites was my go to bait. Tried fresh shrimp no luck.

Horses on the beach all day long, and had a fishing partner today..

KEEP THOSE HOOKS WET FOLKS, AND GOOD LUCK!!

Attachments

#105 · (Edited)
Pier will open sometime next year, per their words. No time given??? Still need to replace two pillars at the end of the pier and the crew working on the pier right now don't know how to do it. So, a new contract will be made for some other crew to work on that. That's the South Caroline state goverment for y'all. But, it's the same with all goverments. The old hurry up and wait deal.

However, the surf has been pretty good this year. The word on the Spring Maid pier is that it may be open sometime this year...???

Good luck to all...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.