Manayunk Jake - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manayunk Jake

When I hear the horn of the ferry heading across the bay to Lewes in the quiet of the North Cape May night, I'll throw my line out in memory of MJ
    and watch the ferry's fading light.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

my condolences to the family.jake rules!

I met him on this site and we planned to meet on
    the TJetty the pass summer.
    I'm stunned......
    My keepers next season go back in his memory.

Mj

Maybe we should take all of his lasts posts and keep them in a seperate forum for a year in memorial.

I think you have a good idea here 'flyer..I think it'd be nice to have something set up for special fallen fishing buddies in the P&S community. Maybe a page of posts (or just collect/consolidate the condolence threads), or just a rememberance page with a pic...maybe an empty fishing chair with a leaning rod with a caption for our missing buddy and vacant spot...which would always be reserved for Jake. Just thinking out loud here with 'flyer...

Good ideas CC and FF.......I will miss MJs' posts as he always imparted much feeshen wisdom.My prayers are with his family.Limit out Jake!!....the R

God Bless and Godspeed Jake! You will be missed by one and all. Thank you for your timeless insight to the sport that we all love. We will fish together again some day!

Caroline,

My condolences to you and your family. I have been off the board for several months and just read the sad news tonight. While I never had the pleasure of meeting up with Jake to do any actual fishing, I did have the good fortune to be able to trade posts with him. He was a true gentlemen, quick to lend his expertise and always a pleasure to "talk" to.
    I looked out my office window at the Hudson River today and remebered that I hadn't checked P&S in a while (web site is blocked at the office), specifically that I hadn't traded any posts with Jake. I will miss his wit and wisdom but I will always remember the thoughts he was kind enough to share.

Jake, you and the family are in our thoughts.
    DH

Ahh, the memory of MJ does survive, as it should! Still miss as he might say Greetings, Jersey reports, and fishing season is on the way. I'm sure he is still trying for that "pool" fish, and he will get it.

Have Jeep will travel

Been reading, and maybe it belongs on the how to make this site better (like there is a way), but a wall of "fame" for those who have came, however so briefly, and left, well, in my eyes be too cool. Joe, Jake and some others, well, they lived thier lives of fishing, and gave that love to others, but on the P & S wall of Fame, I nominate the first Fisherman, MJ, no competition here, just RESPECT! He took, yet he gave (I know from personal expeience our differring views in certain areas), and that is what it's all about.

I have been a member for a few years now. I have had several conversations with Manayunk but have never meet him.

However, a picture in my head always came up when ever I spoke to him. He shall be missed.

Carl Hartmann
    Director, HRFA
    Last edited by cfishigotu; 02-13-2005 at 08:47 PM.

You have no idea how much it bothers me I never got to meet him in person. We talked many times online. He was exactly the kind of person you want to moderate a board.

I'll be thinking about Jake every time I'm on the water. I wish he could have joined me for spring striper season on the bay.

Quote Originally Posted by sand flea
    You have no idea how much it bothers me I never got to meet him in person. We talked many times online. He was exactly the kind of person you want to moderate a board.

I'll be thinking about Jake every time I'm on the water. I wish he could have joined me for spring striper season on the bay.
    Flea, I think you're expressing what a lot of us are feeling. I STILL expect to see something entertaning and informative from Jake whenever I log on. Though I never met him either, but did converse with him electronically, I felt sort of a connection to him because I'm originally from Philly/Jersey and he often talked of some of my old haunts. I miss him alot.

The fact that most of us, I think, are still missing him and expressing it is a testament to the kind of person Jake was. I think it's also a testament to the kind of croud we have here at Pier & Surf.

Here's to Manayunk Jake!

I feel the same way about Jake we had planned many times to go fishing together but life just got in the way everytime I log on I think of him he is really missed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12