Replying to a thread

Thread: Replying to a thread

Replying to a thread

Over the last few days when you reply to a post one will get double posts when they submit the new post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Test

Kevin

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

That didn't seem to do it. Got example threads with this? Want to narrow down whether or not it's unique to certain sections or even some users

Kevin

Really? Read your forum on ocasion and you will easily see it. They are scattered threw the threads.

This one has a bunch.

https://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...tteras-so-good

I believe that one of the conditions is when you quote/reply to a post and then click on another post to quote/reply in less than 30 seconds. BUT, you don't submit that second post for perhaps a few minutes because it take a while to write it ... but then you get this when you finally do submit it:

The following errors occurred with your submission
    This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds.

I then opened a second tab in my browser and found that the post was successful even though the message said otherwise. This will cause people to keep re-submitting the post!

Conclusion: I think that the timer for the 30 seconds is ending as soon as you begin to compose the second message instead of when you actually submit it.

If I reply to a thread, I get the you must wait 30 seconds before posting again, that screen is up for a few seconds, if that screen changes before I close the browser window, it will double post, If I shut the browser down, it will not double post.
    js

this thread is not putting up the "you must wait 30 seconds before posting again message, however I submit the post and it leaves the quick reply box, but does not appear on the thread till I refresh the page.
    js

I made a test post in the other thread to see if it's a unique issue within certain threads as it's not happening on this thread. That error message has popped up for me in the past (different sites) but it wasn't a permanent issue as it went away. I've posted in that thread letting others know to post in this thread with info that could help us narrow down where the issue is stemming from.

Thanks for your patience,
    Natalie

Natalie you left a double post in the other thread, see posts 81 & 82
    js

Quote Originally Posted by js1172 View Post
    Natalie you left a double post in the other thread, see posts 81 & 82
    js
    Attempting to recreate the double post issue. Typically if this happens there's an issue with the database, do you fine that things lag when you see it occur? I'm not willing to turn off flood check before the weekend (the 30 second delay) if need be we can remove it

Kyle

It seems to happen most on certain threads, you reply and you get a screen saying something about your post was submitted and you need to wait 30 seconds before posting again, that page is up briefly, if the page refreshes to the next page you will double post.
    js

It doesn't happen on this thread, but I hit post quick reply, and my message does not show up until I refresh the page
    js

hit post quick reply ad the page refreshes, but my message does not show up till I manually refresh it again
    js

What kind of browser and device are you using? Have you tried to clearing your cache?

I am trying to duplicate the issue, I haven't been able to duplicate it.

Thank you so much.

~ Glenda

I'm using a samsung galaxy android chrome browser

Posted just now in North Carolina thread...avalon pier thread....got the have to wait 30 seconds error...
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-06-14-20-08-33.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  36.3 KB

And again...same thread...same phone

Name:  Screenshot_2017-06-14-22-53-24.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  44.1 KB

Hey,

I'm curious over what method do you try to make your posts; Are you clicking the 'Reply to Thread' button, just typing in the Quick reply box or are you using the Advanced posting options? Maybe there issue rests on one particular method.

I'm making this post just by typing in the Quick Reply box without clicking on the 'Reply to Thread' button.

~Sheena

Couldn't say for sure but I believe I just hit the quick reply box ...type...then hit the post quick reply....I do not use advanced

That being said I just hit the reply to thread button and all it did was drop a cursor Into the quick reply box.

I don't think the screenshot picked it up, but when I get the wait 30 second page pop up I can see a bunch of the underlying code as If the page had trouble loading

Name:  Screenshot_2017-06-16-00-52-46.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  46.6 KB

Closeup

Closeup #2
    Name:  Screenshot_2017-06-16-00-53-14.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  30.4 KB

Hey guys,

So I did a bunch of testing.

I tested within the Avalon Thread Here:
    https://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...?141417-Avalon
    Here:
    https://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...=1#post1087905
    As well as here:
    https://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...r-favorite-hat

And within this thread.
    As well as here:
    https://www.pierandsurf.com/fishing-f...k-Thread/page2
    I was able to replicate the issue only when using quick reply. On iPhone Chrome, Android Chrome and Firefox while in the Full view skin of the site.
    Though as I mentioned this only seems to occur with in specific threads/sections. The first 3 threads seem to be the only affected sections/threads.

I have sent in a ticket to get this issue looked into by the Tech team.

Ticket#: 2590716

Richard.