What is your favorite adult beverage - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite adult beverage

Just finished up my first bottle of Jim Beams Red Stag, can report that it is very tasty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Well the temperature has started to hit the 80's somewhat regularly now so I'm thinking is time to break out the "Summer beverage "

Rum & Tonic w/lime , So a trip to the package store is in order .

Made the trip , enjoying as I type

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jollymon View Post
    Well the temperature has started to hit the 80's somewhat regularly now so I'm thinking is time to break out the "Summer beverage "

Rum & Tonic w/lime , So a trip to the package store is in order .
    Blue chair bay coconut rum , or 91 proof parrot bay, if you want a faster result. grapefruit juice, Large lime wedge.

Pusser's, cocount water, and lime or mint.

Quote Originally Posted by o
    bxchap;1184137
    Just finished up my first bottle of Jim Beams Red Stag, can report that it is very tasty.
    defiantly agree with you but jollyman may be right about the switch to ones summer beverage of choice

So fall is here now , What beverages are we enjoying now ,

Prune Juice, a Warrior's drink - Worf

Trying my first bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey, so far so good.

Picked up a bottle of Bulleit 95 Rye to try and the rest of the ingredients to use it in making my Grandfather's favorite drink , a "Manhattan" he would have one each day when he got home from work before dinner and would let me try it when I because he thought the wrinkled face I'd make was funny . Nowadays he'd be locked up for that

Quote Originally Posted by obxchap View Post
    Trying my first bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey, so far so good.
    Good stuff...I do like the honey whiskey. Shots, sippin, or spike some hot tea on a cold night.

try Evan Williams honey reserve, I think it has a bit more honey flavor.

I had been drinking crown apple lately, and just discovered Jim Beam apple which I think I like better.

Crown royal apple is sweeter then Jim Beam but they are both great on the rocks sippin

Jollyman, How do you make your manhattan?

Jollyman, How do you make your manhattan?
    1.5 oz Rye Wiskey, .1.0 oz sweet vermoth , dash of bitters , shake , pour over ice , garnish with a maraschino .

Well Christmas is almost here , So anyone have a beverage they mix up for guests over the Holliday's , Mine is Irish Cream Liqueur recipe is as follows
    1 cup half and half
    14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
    2 cup Jameson Irish whisky (more or less)
    1.5 teaspoon instant coffee
    2 tablespoons chocolate milk syrup or to taste
    1teaspoon vanilla extract
    Beat to submission in a blender
    store in the fridge and you will need to shake it before serving .
    double the recipe and it fits in a 2 liter bottle

So what do you do for guests ?

Spiked Eggnog
    5 parts store bought eggnog
    1/4 part bourbon
    1/4 part rum (I like the dark rum)
    1/4 part vodka
    1/4 part blackberry brandy
    Guaranteed to help relax you while all the family is visiting

This Christmas my son gave me a bottle of "Leadslinger" bourbon , The company was founded by a group of Spec.Ops Veterans , I found it to be very smooth , Don't know if it's available everywhere but if you see it give it a try . Plus you'll be supporting a Veteran owned company .

Estrella Jalisco or Corona are my favorites

Well with daylight savings time now in effect it's time start braking out the summer stuff , For me it is Corona Lite , Rum & Tonic's and maybe Gin &Tonic both with Limes and good old Ice Tea . So what else is a summer beverage of choice ?

Crown Royal is now making peach for a limited time. Like all their flavored whiskey it is sweet but still really tasty. I found if you mix it with a splash of diet green tea it makes a really good peach tea.

Crown Royal is now making peach for a limited time. Like all their flavored whiskey it is sweet but still really tasty. I found if you mix it with a splash of diet green tea it makes a really good peach tea.
    My MIL lives in a really nice Retirement Home asked me to take her and one of the other ladies to the liquor store to find that Crown Royal Peach , We have to go to the next County because ours is Dry for spirits , Beer and Wine no problem, So I pick them up and off we go , We went to all five at the County line and found none, All said they got only one case from there Distributor. So those ladies back at the Home had to settle for just regular stuff for there Happy Hour. So if any of you see it out there Grab it , One of the Liquor store owners told me that Collectors are grabbing it up (yes some just collect it) and it's selling for twice the price and if he gets more he's not putting it out he's only going to sell it to his regular customers that ask for it not the guy that says I'll take all you have.

It is hard to find. I got lucky to get mine, one of the welding vendor I deal with travels the east coast and was up in New England and ended up with a case of it. We buy alot of welding supplies so he hooked me up with 2 bottles. I had no idea that people are selling it for twice the price. Jollyman I will be moving my son to Kill Devil Hills May 17th if you happen to be in the area I will most likely have an extra.

It is hard to find. I got lucky to get mine, one of the welding vendor I deal with travels the east coast and was up in New England and ended up with a case of it. We buy alot of welding supplies so he hooked me up with 2 bottles. I had no idea that people are selling it for twice the price. Jollyman I will be moving my son to Kill Devil Hills May 17th if you happen to be in the area I will most likely have an extra.
    That is a very gracious offer and thank you for that , I had told my MIL about your post that you had gotten some She said that you were very lucky but they have moved on to something else that they can get regularly, That group of Ladies are harder to keep focused then teenagers, But they are a fun bunch , I go have lunch with her once a week or so and play cards with them. after.
    I'm not going to get to OBX till June then again in August , July I'm going to hunt the Piers around Panama City Beach Fl , That's when the Tarpon show up and to C&R one is on my bucket list. I hope your son's move go's well and let's try and get together when you visit him .

Ny SIL is going to bartending school and it seems as though the adult beverage community is making old drinks new again.

Sidecars, Boiler makers, etc are all the rage and easy to make.

I'm not much of a drinker myself but same SIL has been introdusing me to IPA's.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast