What is your favorite adult beverage - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 117

Thread: What is your favorite adult beverage

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    N.A.
    Posts
    769
    Having spent a lot of time in Oklahoma City for training I acquired a taste for Shiner Bock out of Texas. I also work with a guy who brews a lot of beer by the 5 gal. keg. But he was trashing a lot of his beer because he did not care for the taste. So I build a 5 gal. copper still and now I run his bad beer through the still get about 50 to 55 oz. of 120 to 140 proof Alcohol depending on the type of beer and proof it down to 70 to 75 proof. I get about 80 oz. of good sipping shine.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    topsail island
    Posts
    177
    for me its anything jim beam or landshark. but ill never forget watching my dad drink strohs beer every day growing up

  4. #53
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    Funny that this Thread should pop up, I was out yesterday and happened to be in the next county over were you can buy Liquor,

    My county is Beer and Wine , Liquor by the drink in Bar's and Restaurants only. Not a big deal the county line is only 8 miles from me and 4 Liquor Stores at the intersection.

    So now that Fall is back I find myself wanting something for the colder days to come and looking for something new,

    Found myself looking at Scotch's ,being as I like certain single Malts , I looked at my favorite 15 and 18 year old to see they've taken a Huge Jump in price ,

    Now I find myself in a dilemma , As I do like Scotch ,But I find myself as tight as Scotsman at not wanting to part with a "King's Ransom" for a taste of that "Heavenly Beverage"

    At the recommendation for the shopkeeper, To try this blended Single Malt called "Monkey Shoulder " , Told him I'm not a fan of Blends so he said try this single and gave me two singles

    I was pleasantly surprised , So I'll be picking some up today and as for my favorite's well I put that on the Christmas list and let the son's give it to me since they all hate trying to figure out what to get the oldman

  5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Midway NC
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Jollymon View Post
    Funny that this Thread should pop up, I was out yesterday and happened to be in the next county over were you can buy Liquor,

    My county is Beer and Wine , Liquor by the drink in Bar's and Restaurants only. Not a big deal the county line is only 8 miles from me and 4 Liquor Stores at the intersection.

    So now that Fall is back I find myself wanting something for the colder days to come and looking for something new,

    Found myself looking at Scotch's ,being as I like certain single Malts , I looked at my favorite 15 and 18 year old to see they've taken a Huge Jump in price ,

    Now I find myself in a dilemma , As I do like Scotch ,But I find myself as tight as Scotsman at not wanting to part with a "King's Ransom" for a taste of that "Heavenly Beverage"

    At the recommendation for the shopkeeper, To try this blended Single Malt called "Monkey Shoulder " , Told him I'm not a fan of Blends so he said try this single and gave me two singles

    I was pleasantly surprised , So I'll be picking some up today and as for my favorite's well I put that on the Christmas list and let the son's give it to me since they all hate trying to figure out what to get the oldman

    The Monkey Shoulder is pretty good stuff, and not too spendy. My staples tend to be Glenfiddich 12 yr, Monkey Shoulder and Evan Williams 1783, usually with a couple rocks. As far as beer, I usually go for Keystone light if i'm just drinking. Nicer beers if someone else is buying!

  7. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    63
    Coffee, tea, milk.....in that order

  8. #56
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by sixtysevensg View Post
    The Monkey Shoulder is pretty good stuff, and not too spendy. My staples tend to be Glenfiddich 12 yr, Monkey Shoulder and Evan Williams 1783, usually with a couple rocks. As far as beer, I usually go for Keystone light if i'm just drinking. Nicer beers if someone else is buying!
    I almost bought a bottle of Evan Williams 1783 , I'll give it a try since you recommend it , On the rocks is how I like it too. My go to was Glenlivet 15 yr, don't know what happened to the price but its jumped up too were it's in the category of I'll get it for a special treat for myself.

  9. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    prince george va
    Posts
    505
    ice tea with lemon and a joint of killer weed.

  10. #58
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Banks of the Susquehanna
    Posts
    56
    Bought a bottle of Jack Daniels, Gentleman Jack, very very smooth whiskey. Worth the little extra money.

  11. #59
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    15317
    Posts
    833
    Drank a bunch of this at a weekend campout. Way too easy to put down.Name:  IMG-20171021-WA0002.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  50.5 KB

    Hell of a time getting it loaded...sorry it's sideways
    Last edited by dialout; 11-16-2017 at 04:07 PM.

  12. #60
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by dialout View Post
    Drank a bunch of this at a weekend campout. Way too easy to put down.Name:  IMG-20171021-WA0002.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  50.5 KB

    Hell of a time getting it loaded...sorry it's sideways
    Interesting, Carmel and salty, never thought of that for whiskey, mite have to give it a try

  13. #61
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    31
    I don't think I saw Rolling Rock mentioned.

  14. #62
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    DE
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by genie View Post
    I don't think I saw Rolling Rock mentioned.
    Post #9

  15. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Banks of the Susquehanna
    Posts
    56
    Here in PA the monday after Thanksgiving is the opening of the antlered deer season. It has always been a tradition to leave Saturday morning and head to our cabin, all my uncles,cousins and family friends. We drink alot while we are there and always try to find something different for everyone to try. Well this year is going to be exceptional, my uncle (a marine who was shot in Vietnam in 1967 and is still with us) has a 50 yr old bottle of Jim Beam that was given to him by his fellow marines while in the hospital in 1967, will be opened this weekend to celebrate the 50 years. I will be sure to let everyone know what 50 year old Jim Beam taste like.

  16. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Banks of the Susquehanna
    Posts
    56
    Well first thing is that it was not Jim Beam it was Seagrams made Crown Royal. Secondly not too bad, definitely had that whiskey burn.

  17. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Valdosta, georgia
    Posts
    488
    Thanks for the update on the status of that 50 year old liquor, obxchap................i was curious to know how it aged.

  18. #66
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    Had the opportunity to pick up a bottle of Evan Williams 1783 small batch sour mash , I was surprised by how smooth it was .
    Just the thing for a Cold @$$ night in front of the fire .

  19. #67
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    If you in the area of OBX grab a bottle of Kill Devil Hills Rum don't know how far there distribution go's, I've only been able to find it
    In OBX , I have to say it's top drawer stuff , dipped in to my stash during our recent "Blizzard " in the Atlanta area last week
    It helped me deal with the 2.5 " drifts , it was a life saver so grab a bottle when in town

  20. #68
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Valdosta, georgia
    Posts
    488
    Jollymon, maybe you can find Richland Rum up yonder in Newnan? It's a rum made in Richland, GA that is made with pure cane sugar (not molasses). Very good stuff, but can't see ponying up $40 for a bottle of rum all the time. I met the owner at a beer tasting event in Valdosta, super nice guy and he said that Puerto Rico, the virtual birthplace of rum, is the biggest exporter of his brand.......so, he must be doing something right.

  21. #69
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by SloppyTilapia View Post
    Jollymon, maybe you can find Richland Rum up yonder in Newnan? It's a rum made in Richland, GA that is made with pure cane sugar (not molasses). Very good stuff, but can't see ponying up $40 for a bottle of rum all the time. I met the owner at a beer tasting event in Valdosta, super nice guy and he said that Puerto Rico, the virtual birthplace of rum, is the biggest exporter of his brand.......so, he must be doing something right.
    Thanks for the tip I'll look for it next trip to the liquor store , have to go to the next county over , ours is no hard liquor sales expect in restaurants and Bar's , A$$ backwards as far
    as I'm concerned . But it's only 6 miles and there's 4 to pick from . 40.00 isn't to awful once in a while ,

  22. #70
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Spotsylvania, VA
    Posts
    4,457
    There's a distillery about 15 minutes from my house that makes the best clear corn whiskey and cinnamon moonshine. They both taste great with a little coke or Dr P. As far as beer goes, I love me some Guinness, Devil's Backbone, Samuel Adams, or if I'm going cheap, Modelo Especial, Red Stripe, or Yuengling.

  23. #71
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by SloppyTilapia View Post
    Jollymon, maybe you can find Richland Rum up yonder in Newnan? It's a rum made in Richland, GA that is made with pure cane sugar (not molasses). Very good stuff, but can't see ponying up $40 for a bottle of rum all the time. I met the owner at a beer tasting event in Valdosta, super nice guy and he said that Puerto Rico, the virtual birthplace of rum, is the biggest exporter of his brand.......so, he must be doing something right.
    I found it in a small shop in Peach Tree City , the owner cut me a deal and I'll be trying it later this weekend .

  24. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Valdosta, georgia
    Posts
    488
    Well......what does the jury say about Richland Rum?

  25. #73
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Newnan Ga.
    Posts
    1,176
    Smooth, no bite , very enjoyable, but being a cheap SOB ,I'm going to put it on the short list for Christmas and birthday

  26. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    3
    Crown black with a splash of ginger soda.

  27. #75
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    NOVA
    Posts
    322
    Pepto Bismol count?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •