What is your favorite adult beverage - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite adult beverage

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfisherman View Post
    Let us not forget Stroh's, Wiedemann, Blatz, Drewrys, or Burger beers. Also I don't recall anyone mentioning Little Kings
    Way back when, there was a Crème Ale that came in Green 12 ounce can, mixed well with all the Columbian products. I think it was Genesee.

I just iced down a 12 pack of Busch Bottles in a Coleman Cooler, Yeti keeps ice longer, but these Busch Bottles likely will only need to last three days at the most.

I like Jameson's but sometimes I get a little out of line...imagine that Garbo getting out of line

Sunny and around 60 Degrees here in KDH 4:00 PM EST, going to look at the Ocean and think about Hotties.

Looking for a Beer that makes me not only feel like I did back in my Thirties but makes me look like I did back then.
    Last edited by Garboman; 02-14-2017 at 04:11 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

don't drink brown liquor, makes me stupid, best I ever had was killians irish red draft at the wild horse salloon in nasheville, these days I stick with busch high test, don't care for light beer
    RR
    Garbo keep them 2 beers ahead of ya, it'll work out
    Last edited by js1172; 02-14-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Garboman View Post
    Way back when, there was a Crème Ale that came in Green 12 ounce can, mixed well with all the Columbian products. I think it was Genesee.
    I grew up drinking Genesee in Western NY. Genny and Genny Lite are respectable brews. The green canned Genesee Cream Ale (aka Genny Screamers) has a cult following - but it is a foul creation. I have never been able to finishing a 12 oz Genny Screamer. They still make it and you can find it in some NC grocery stores.

-KBueno

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by spydermn View Post
    Bourbon:

I also like tequila/mezcel but refuse to drink Patron due to political reasons. They are anti-gun so I need to spend my money else wear
    You just collect because I don't see any that look like they've been opened, Still a nice get together.

Used to have a favorite...then a friend said I had a drinking problem. I said no...I drink, I get drunk, I fall down...no problem.

I jump around beer styles a lot. These days I'm buying (and brewing) Belgians and schwarzbiers. Sick and tired of the piney booze bombs (AKA IPA's) that are so popular. And on hot summer days while fishing or if I'm just hanging around a local bar, Miller Lite.

Quote Originally Posted by Jollymon View Post
    You just collect because I don't see any that look like they've been opened, Still a nice get together.
    Plenty open in the bar but you are correct. Most of these are unopened.

Sand flea. I am with you. I do not like a vast majority of microbrews on the market today. IPA, double IPA, blah blah blah. All bitter, no yummy.

In beer I like Oculto and on a hot day, ICE cold Mich Ultra. Ya ya ya, call it what you like, on a hot day it is my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sand flea View Post
    I jump around beer styles a lot. These days I'm buying (and brewing) Belgians and schwarzbiers. Sick and tired of the piney booze bombs (AKA IPA's) that are so popular. And on hot summer days while fishing or if I'm just hanging around a local bar, Miller Lite.
    I despise IPA's as well.........on that same note, I do not drink Gin or Sloe Gin, just because they remind too much of pine needles. I love trying new beers (stouts and browns mostly) and have dabbled in the home brews. I have a Kolsch that was gifted to me and have been holding on to it since July......just haven't mustered enough desire to brew it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SloppyTilapia View Post
    I despise IPA's as well.........on that same note, I do not drink Gin or Sloe Gin, just because they remind too much of pine needles. I love trying new beers (stouts and browns mostly) and have dabbled in the home brews. I have a Kolsch that was gifted to me and have been holding on to it since July......just haven't mustered enough desire to brew it yet.
    I actually don't mind a good IPA like Heavy Seas Loose Cannon or Bell's Two-Hearted. But the style has been beaten to death and big flavors are used to cover up big mistakes. It's the kind of thing I used to pull when I first started homebrewing--if you blow out your tastebuds you won't notice how craptastic the beer actually is. If you're going to brew the Kolsch do it now before it warms up. Kolsch yeast can't take warmth without throwing off nasty flavors. All the conventional wisdom says you need a special chest to do lagers and such in. It's hooey. I make a mean Oktoberfest/Maerzen in the middle of winter stashed in the semi-attached shed on my house And ditto for saisons, which need temps around 90 to really come out funky. I just do those in summer. You know, working with the seasons the same way brewers have done long before the invention of all this fancy equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by sand flea View Post
    I actually don't mind a good IPA like Heavy Seas Loose Cannon or Bell's Two-Hearted. But the style has been beaten to death and big flavors are used to cover up big mistakes. It's the kind of thing I used to pull when I first started homebrewing--if you blow out your tastebuds you won't notice how craptastic the beer actually is. If you're going to brew the Kolsch do it now before it warms up. Kolsch yeast can't take warmth without throwing off nasty flavors. All the conventional wisdom says you need a special chest to do lagers and such in. It's hooey. I make a mean Oktoberfest/Maerzen in the middle of winter stashed in the semi-attached shed on my house And ditto for saisons, which need temps around 90 to really come out funky. I just do those in summer. You know, working with the seasons the same way brewers have done long before the invention of all this fancy equipment.
    I wish I had my home brew dialed in, but the batch before last broke by heart.....we waited two months on a Belgian Dubbel and then the dang thing did not carbonate for us when we bottled. Had the nice banana-toffee notes in there and should have come out around 9-10% ABV.........just broke my heart to pour out 40+ bottles of uncarbonated beer that I waited 2 months for......the only semi-IPA I have found palate-able is Southern Tier Live.

To me an IPA is like drinking wine, just a couple or 3 with the meal. O'Conner Dismal Swamp is a dark and is more mild, Smart mouth is local too and their Rule G is great, Firestone used to make a double Jack that was great but I can't find it anymore, my new favorite is made by Lagunista and it's the Maximus IPA.

Bourbon I saw the "regular" small batch Jefferson Reserve is the cabinet but I also saw the Groth and the Ocean which is the same bourbon just higher priced for a ride in the ocean or a couple of years on a ship.

Spydermn, I see you a turkey man too. Nice collection. Have you tried Elijah Craig?

Just read my post and the Groth spends a couple of years in a used wine barrel which I didn't find to change the taste any, especially for $20.00 more per 1/5. MM 46 is another fine sip'n bourbon and not quite as expensive. If I'm mixing it I like Canadian Club with ginger ale and a squeeze of lime.

Didn't mention light beer but that's Bud Light for me, cans on the boat and on the beach then bottles for at home in the summer after cutting grass or watching the ball game.

Bocefus - I have a couple EC 12 and EC 20. Not a fan. I like old 8/101 Turkey and Old Grand Dad (National Distillers, not Beam), and Four Roses. I have had to cut back on the consumption due to health reasons so I have started to whittle down my collection to 30-40 really great bottles. As of this pic I am still sitting at about 150. Been swapping out new retail bottles for dusty bottles as they come up

Jay B - the oceans are all voyage one or two which are different from the stuff that is on the shelf now. It was true small batch, only 700 or voyage one and 5000 of voyage 2. no groth in there, as you said, a waste of money. I like the original and the older stuff (19, 20 and 21year). Personally if I am drinking daily I am drinking Four Roses Small Batch. A great bottle for $35 and you can mix it and not feel like you are pouring $$$ down the drain.

for Bocefus

This is getting almost as bad as Dave taking pictures of all his fishing rods and reels and posting them on the forum.

In the picture above I'm seeing a brand new CTS 1306 custom built by Nick W @ TWs and maybe a New Silver Saltist 20H.. And an 12 pack of Michelob

I for one would like to see Michelob Dark brought back, good beer !! You don't see too many dark beers out there any more I think due to the IPA craze, another good one was Becks dark but I can't find that anymore either.

Yep, nice collection of Turkey you got there. That rare breed is some good stuff. I also saw where you had several bottles of 4 Roses. I may give it a try. Been drinking Wild Turkey and Canadian Club for so long, just didn't try others when I was happy with what I had.

How's about the PBR and Old Mister Boston Drinks, I know your out there,

Rarely drink, but when I do it's usually Slivovitz. It prevents having to share.

Quote Originally Posted by cthulhu View Post
    Rarely drink, but when I do it's usually Slivovitz. It prevents having to share.
    I drank Slivovitz in the CR when I was there. Good but potent.

Bud light and moonshine

Corona Extra, DoS Equis in the green bottle, Labatt Blue for beer. I like Beefeater gin and lemonade or a Piña Colada for liquor. Sometimes I love vodka and cranberry. I can add my least favorite is any type of Whiskey and once I tried a beer called old wooden ship. It tastes worse than it sounds. Nasty.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast