Anyone do any good? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone do any good?

a bear, 2 bucks and a doe, still have 7 days of doe season, and 3 doe tags left
    js

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

That's a good year. Congrats. How big was the bear.

Name:  IMG_1124.jpg
Views: 423
Size:  171.0 KB

200# dressed
    js
    Last edited by js1172; 12-14-2017 at 07:32 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Attachment 48874

At least one shooter in the bunch.

At least one shooter in the bunch.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Sunday 1/21/18 got a 168# 8 pt.
    Monday 1/22/18 a big ol' sow pig
    Tuesday 1/23/18 a 196# 8pt. (The ninth buck I saw that day)
    Just watched deer the next two days
    Friday 1/26/18 a 188# 7 pt.

I had a great little hunting trip, came home 8 days early cause my coolers were full. (Hunt club in Alabama)

Wow that's a hell of a trip. Congrats

This little 7 pointer Thanksgiving morning, he's small but I didn't think I'd get to hunt much more this year.
    Attachment 59097

Already eaten tenderloins & some backstrap & the rest is in the freezer, he's little but tasty.

I'm going to try to shoot a coyote this year, we're lousy with them in this part of NC but they seem pretty tough to call. Most of the ones I hear about shot around her were "targets of opportunity" shot from a deer stand while deer hunting. I've seen one fox so far & coyote tracks but haven't gotten a shot yet.

Has been a horrible outdoor year for me. I had surgery in April on my left elbow and right hand which had me laid up just as the fishing seasons kick off until late June. The weather has been horrid with streams blown out. I read we are +17" of rain from average. Now that hunting seasons in it's been bouncing between rain/sleet/snow mix and teens temps...to almost 60 the other day. Deer tracks are about 6 inches deep in the mud, and the few doe I've seen look like they had been mud wrestling.

It is what it is, and I'm plenty happy to keep plowing on as best I can.

Quote Originally Posted by dialout View Post
    Has been a horrible outdoor year for me. I had surgery in April on my left elbow and right hand which had me laid up just as the fishing seasons kick off until late June. The weather has been horrid with streams blown out. I read we are +17" of rain from average. Now that hunting seasons in it's been bouncing between rain/sleet/snow mix and teens temps...to almost 60 the other day. Deer tracks are about 6 inches deep in the mud, and the few doe I've seen look like they had been mud wrestling.

It is what it is, and I'm plenty happy to keep plowing on as best I can.
    I am in the same boat. We have had more rain this deer season than I can ever remember. We were 17 + inches above normal a month ago. Who knows what it is now. I heard the weatherman on tv say the other day it could not rain agin until Summer and we would not be hurt. I have seen 0 shooter bucks while hunting. This time of year I am generally getting ready to shoot a doe or two. Not this year. I am still trying to find a mature buck.

My best stand is located on a hardwood creek bottom surround on one side by green fields. The other sides are pine thicket. I have always had my choice of several shooter bucks. Not this year. I have logged hours and hours in this stand and have seen a few doe and several 1.5 year old bucks. Now it is flooded to the point that I have to wade to the stand in several places. Those 2 hurricanes that passed got the creek way out of the banks and made it a muddy mess. It dried up enough last week to get the deer to start using it again but on Saturday we got another couple of inches. I am hunting Wednesday afternoon, Thursday morning and all day Saturday but now they are calling for rain/sleet/snow all day on Saturday into Sunday.

It has to eventually quit raining. I am just before shooting a few doe and writing this year off and start getting ready for next season.

Darin

I picked up this guy last monday....although I had to go back to PA to find him. I'm still looking for a couple doe yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Nice buck. Just came back In...skunked again. Hit some state game lands thinking people may have the deer moving around. Didn't even hear a shot.

Attachment 59115

Popped this one at 1620 this afternoon. Dry spell broken.

Darin

got a couple

couple does also to complete filling the freezer
    took this doe at 70 yards with my 10 mm

js
    Last edited by js1172; 01-04-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Impressive congrats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12