Best time for drum this year

Thread: Best time for drum this year

Best time for drum this year

I'm trying to plan a trip to the buxton area sometime to try and catch a few big drum. I've been looking and haven't seen any reports of good numbers of drum yet. I know last years hurricane seemed to have had the drum show up in numbers a little later. When do you guys think the drum fishing will pick up? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Last year I was down the end of oct.left the 27th. 4 days later it seemed that alot were getting caught.
    So this year im heading down the first week of nov. Hoping I dont miss them again.
    From my understanding 70 degree water temp with east winds is what were looking for, sure hope it happens.gets frustrating driving 1700 miles for a skunk trip. Guess its all part of fishing.

Good Luck.

Yesterday

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I knew it!!!

Most now are being caught at night/wee hours in the morning.

I've been seeing pics of nice drum caught everywhere up and down the east coast this week on Facebook. Looks like Matthew must've stirred up the bottom really nice. I'm going to Ft Fisher tomorrow thru Monday

1700 must've round trip. It's 1850 for me. I also will be in Rodanthe the first week. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by jlove1974 View Post
    I've been seeing pics of nice drum caught everywhere up and down the east coast this week on Facebook. Looks like Matthew must've stirred up the bottom really nice. I'm going to Ft Fisher tomorrow thru Monday
    Jlove. Keep us updated on how you do at Ft Fisher. Was thinking of making a day trip there myself Sunday or Monday.
    Thanks. Tim

Quote Originally Posted by don brinson View Post
    1700 must've round trip. It's 1850 for me. I also will be in Rodanthe the first week. Good luck
    Good luck to you also!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tc27612 View Post
    Jlove. Keep us updated on how you do at Ft Fisher. Was thinking of making a day trip there myself Sunday or Monday.
    Thanks. Tim
    Yep leaving today and staying til Monday, so I'm sure the fish will stop biting due to the nice weather

Should have been there last week or the week after you leave. Seems to be a lot of bulls and cows being caught in the Wilmington/Beaufort/Portsmouth area. Not sure how long it will take for them to get to O'Coke and Hatteras. I am going based on FB reports more than anything