Question: How much do you pay for pure gasoline

Thread: How much do you pay for pure gasoline

How much do you pay for pure gasoline

It's $5.39 a gallon at easton crown gas station.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I'm currently paying $2.099 for 87 octane. Which will certainly be higher soon.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by plotalot View Post
    I'm currently paying $2.099 for 87 octane. Which will certainly be higher soon.
    It's 93 octane but $5.39 smh. I remember high as $3.99 since gasoline price droped they raised price before trophy season and boating season starts.

Unless your engine requires high octane fuel, it isn't worth paying extra for it. I understand that the extra octane helps justify the extra cost, but I smh as well. The same place that I get 87 octane has 92 for $2.599. Nonethanol gas generally costs 20-50% more than E10 down here. Can't see paying 2.5-3 times as much.

If I was up there, I would use E10 through the season and put it up in the winter with some aviation gas. I would do it that way here, except 100% gas is way too convenient (same block as my house and across the highway of the ramp I use), I would have to go out of my way to get E10 and my boat has no off-season. Ethanol enriched fuel isn't evil if you use it instead of storing it.

non-ethanol is 10 cents per gallon more here, non-ethanol 87 octane is the same price as 89 ethanol, less than 2 bucks a gallon.
    js

My outboard don't need 93 octane 87 will do. It's only choice they got anyhow I couldn't see myself paying $5.39 so I fill my tank with 20gals of e10. I also use e10 in summer months since I'm on the water twice a week. I just don't get how they came up with price of $5.39.