North Jetty Beach Access In Garden City - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Jetty Beach Access In Garden City

Awesome!!!! Once again, thanks to everyone that called/emailed to get this issue resolved

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Man that's great news!!!!

awesome news. I should be down there this weekend

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

How crowded would the north side of the jetty be this Saturday? And how hard would it be to get a cart from the beach access at the guard shack to the jetty? We normally haul from HBSP to the jetty so walking isn't really a problem. Just wondering about the groins.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyV7Mc View Post
    How crowded would the north side of the jetty be this Saturday? And how hard would it be to get a cart from the beach access at the guard shack to the jetty? We normally haul from HBSP to the jetty so walking isn't really a problem. Just wondering about the groins.
    I've never seen it crowded. The houses are Saturday - Saturday rentals so Saturday mornings the beach is usually deserted. At the guard shack, it's just a walk down to the jetty. No groins to go over if you go down the last public access.

Gotcha. So go down the last beach access by the guard shack and hang a right.

The steps are fixed. I fished there the week after the 4th of July. No problem with access

Hi All,

Been following this thread for a while. I will be down in Surfside next week and was hoping to fish the northside jetty. Can anyone provide me with information on where to park and exact walking instructions (beach or road) to the jetty.

Thanks for all you did to get this open.

We've had issues like this in VA past years. Getting groups of fishermen/women to send letters almost always works.

Regards,

Mike

A few public parking places on the right about 1/4 mi before the road ends. I think it's Dolphin Ave. Park and walk back to the guard shack. Beach access is right before the guard shack. You can walk beach all the way to the jetty. DO NOT BE THERE ON HIGH TIDE.

I went two weeks ago and left at high tide. Beach was built up good

Just talked to Bruce at the guard shack...He said the same as you...THANKS!!

Do not be there??? do you mean do not go too far out on the jetty before high tide. Looks like it gets cutoff.

Does the beach disappear at high tide? no access back???

Thanks

There will be no beach at high tide. You could be walking in 2 to 3 ft of water for a 1/2 mile. Been there done that. Not fun pulling a fishing cart.

Glad to hear it's open again. Use to fish there years ago. Nice spot. I remember it back before the guard house.

Beach access is closed again. Went by Sunday it is blocked off and the rocks are pilled up at the bottom of the steps.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitdog2 View Post
    Beach access is closed again. Went by Sunday it is blocked off and the rocks are pilled up at the bottom of the steps.
    I had to lift the cart over the fence and walk the seawall. They wont keep me from the jetty.

Anyone know the conditions of the steps and flooding during high tide lately?

It is now 2017, what is the current status of this? I will be down in a few weeks and people have told me that the north jetty is a good spot for fishing. Any info is much appreciated, such as where is entry and where would one park?

I have not been down thee since the hurricane last year so not sure if the access is all messed up or not. I wont fish the surf till the water warms up in a couple of months, I fish only the march areas this time of year.
    There is one public access parking spot. I forget the name of the road, its on the right and one of the last streets before the guard station. You can either park and walk to the guard station where there is access down to the water or where you park a little down the road to the left is a public access point to walk down to the water. Again I do not know the condition on the access points since the hurricane

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp1981 View Post
    I have not been down thee since the hurricane last year so not sure if the access is all messed up or not. I wont fish the surf till the water warms up in a couple of months, I fish only the march areas this time of year.
    There is one public access parking spot. I forget the name of the road, its on the right and one of the last streets before the guard station. You can either park and walk to the guard station where there is access down to the water or where you park a little down the road to the left is a public access point to walk down to the water. Again I do not know the condition on the access points since the hurricane
    Dolphin is the street on the right. The access looks very rough. I'm not for sure if it will be opened this year. I went by 2 weeks ago and it was a stack of debts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12