Spring Catfish Tournament At The Tank??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spring Catfish Tournament At The Tank???

Are there flatheads there too? I've only caught them at Conowingo but maybe that's because they prefer faster moving water than other cats? I got more to learn about catfishing

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I've never seen any flat heads caught there but the way they're spreading it wouldn't surprise me.

The way they are spreading should be any day now.

Calendar is marked, so unless something comes up I will be there! Cant wait!

DNR Fisheries erected these last year; this is on the Chester River. On the Choptank, Tuckahoe (down there this AM...can't wait to hit the water), Corsica. Looks like a coming-out party...coming to a tidal river near you.

Name:  cats1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  110.5 KB

DC, but I fish from SC to MD. Primarily saltwater, but I'm originally a freshwater fisherman from PA (Erie, Pymatuming, Raystown and all the rivers).
    I'm definitely not one of the guys that can quote the reg book, but I believe the Choptank River is one of those offlimits breeding grounds for stripers in the spring. It might have one of those crazy regs like if you lift a striper's tail out of the water your SOL (___ out of luck - fined).. Basically, someone better look into the date first. Stripers and cats will be feeding on any worms or bait fish tossed in the water :-)

Stripers...nuisance fish getting in the way of my cat and carp fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDude View Post
    I'm definitely not one of the guys that can quote the reg book, but I believe the Choptank River is one of those offlimits breeding grounds for stripers in the spring. It might have one of those crazy regs like if you lift a striper's tail out of the water your SOL (___ out of luck - fined).. Basically, someone better look into the date first. Stripers and cats will be feeding on any worms or bait fish tossed in the water :-)
    That's exactly why I chose the date so we wouldn't be bothered with crowds of rock fishermen. This is a catfish tournament and any rock caught will be very carefully released using a pier net. Can you join us?

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    That's exactly why I chose the date so we wouldn't be bothered with crowds of rock fishermen. This is a catfish tournament and any rock caught will be very carefully released using a pier net. Can you join us?
    I have no pier net ... would coming to this event without one be a violation?

Quote Originally Posted by fishhead View Post
    I have no pier net ... would coming to this event without one be a violation?
    I have one that anyone can use. I suspect that a few others will bring one as well.

I have one that anyone can use. I suspect that a few others will bring one as well.
    I probably should get one some time ... though I have no idea what to look for! Going to Cabelas tomorrow, so I'll see if they have any ...

I probably should get one some time ... though I have no idea what to look for! Going to Cabelas tomorrow, so I'll see if they have any ...
    This is what you want. I think Cabelas carries the folding one. This one has a 36" dia.

Hey guys just a little tip - This is the area where you need to put your bait. I call it THE KITCHEN TABLE

Cali you know from a previous post I don't fish for Black Drum but I'd be more than happy to share the rail with you for some catfish action.
    So....what species of cats can we expect to see at "the Tank"? Is it mostly 2-4# Channels?
    Are there any "monster" Blue cats to be had?

During the summer months I've actually caught spotted sea trout in the 12-14" class on the south side fishing "gulp" swimming mullets.

From a previous post, dude says that new tackle store on eastbound 50 on Kent Is., exit 39B is blowing them out for $22. That's where I'm getting mine.

Kind of a pain draggin a 3' circle net around though.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliYellowtail View Post
    So....what species of cats can we expect to see at "the Tank"? Is it mostly 2-4# Channels?
    Are there any "monster" Blue cats to be had?.........
    Yes it is mostly 2-4# Channels and that's the size I love to catch and eat. When I put 12 - 18 of those in my cooler I'm a very happy angler. I do however usually end up with 2 or 3 in the 5#-10# class and that's why I bring my drop/pier net. This year we also have a very good possibility of catching some tackle buster blue & flathead cats. Ain't that going to be a hoot. Anyway this season cats are going to be my primary target from my boat, piers, bridges and shore. That's why they call me CATMAN

Yes it is mostly 2-4# Channels and that's the size I love to catch and eat. When I put 12 - 18 of those in my cooler I'm a very happy angler. I do however usually end up with 2 or 3 in the 5#-10# class and that's why I bring my drop/pier net. This year we also have a very good possibility of catching some tackle buster blue & flathead cats. Ain't that going to be a hoot. Anyway this season cats are going to be my primary target from my boat, piers, bridges and shore. That's why they call me CATMAN
    HA HA HA.....OK Then

OK guys - Who is going to participate?

CHOPTANK PIER CATFISH TOURNAMENT
    WHEN - Saturday May 9th, 2015
    WHERE - Talbot County Side
    TIME - 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM

I'll be there

I'm in

Catman, you still presiding over this event, given your upcoming surgery?

Catman, you still presiding over this event, given your upcoming surgery?
    With the surgery scheduled for May 5th I'm sorry to say with a great deal of disappointment "no". When I'm into rehab therapy I'll have a better feel as to when we can reschedule it. Again I'm sorry about the disappointment.

With the surgery scheduled for May 5th I'm sorry to say with a great deal of disappointment "no". When I'm into rehab therapy I'll have a better feel as to when we can reschedule it. Again I'm sorry about the disappointment.
    Hey, no problem ... get well again and we'll look forward to getting some catfishing schooling at a later date

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123