2015 Spring Fling? - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: 2015 Spring Fling?

Look at Google maps and find spsp. You'll see a point on the beach. To the left there is a snag(shelf) so hold your rod up and reel in fast to keep it off the bottom when checking baits. I was curious so I tried a bank sinker to probe the bottom to see what it's like.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

It is the remain of a sunken ship.

I thought the ship was by the inlet entrance? It felt like rocks to me but I could be wrong.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

It is a waterlogged wooden ship. I used to take some 50 pound PP and a wooden dowel to pull some of it in. Lots of hooks and sinkers were recovered attached to an incredibly heavy piece of wood.

Damn. I didn't log on to the boards in ages and forgot all about Spring Fling Maybe next year.

So is this considered the Spring Fling or is that going to be at a later date? To me the Spring Fling is a social event with food and drink.

Quote Originally Posted by catman View Post
    So is this considered the Spring Fling or is that going to be at a later date? To me the Spring Fling is a social event with food and drink.
    this was more of a small meet and greet. If I could get a serious headcount and people not flake, I can write off any catering under my restaurant. Maybe I'll sponsor a small tourney...

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrbaitr View Post
    this was more of a small meet and greet. If I could get a serious headcount and people not flake, I can write off any catering under my restaurant. Maybe I'll sponsor a small tourney...
    You thinking about something before the Catman Cat tourney?

WOW! That would be very generous of you.

Not a bad idea.. what restaurant?

Americas best wings lanham, md

Quote Originally Posted by Big Rad View Post
    It is a waterlogged wooden ship. I used to take some 50 pound PP and a wooden dowel to pull some of it in. Lots of hooks and sinkers were recovered attached to an incredibly heavy piece of wood.
    I dragged in a big hunk about 7 years ago loaded with old rigs cut all the sinkers off must have been 10 lbs of lead. Still using them.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789