Inshore group trips to Cambridge and PLO.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Inshore group trips to Cambridge and PLO.

Inshore group trips to Cambridge and PLO.

I though this would be a great idea for all the individual fisherman to get together n save some money and possibly make new friends and break old stereotypes. For now I wanted to ask anyone who is interested where we could do group meetups. Locations should be easily accessible, so near major roads would be a plus. Also for those who enjoy night fishing the meeting spot should be well lit and allow loitering to some degree so the cops don't hassle us when they see a bunch of people loafing around in a parking lot at night. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I think this is a great idea. We used to do this back in the day. I'd be in for late evening/ night fishing at The Tank.

Great idea! fun way to meet some new friends that actually fish! im in agreement with catman. late evening/night fishing. economical for fuel as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I'd be up for something like this!

Sounds great. The tank or plo sounds good.

Where should we meet?

We used to meet in the parking lot on the Talbot County side. Until I get my electric scooter I can only wish you guys well. Can't make that long walk any more.

That's okay I prefer point lookout anyways. We can fish the light house on the bay side. If you can cast far enough you can have action all night.

Great idea hope i can join you guys!!!

20 + years ago before there was a pier, I fished plo pretty regular. I would love to join you guys if its alright. Have not been to plo for least 20 years, but have some great memories of the big chopper blues blitzing there. There used to be a rock jetty with concreate on top that I fised off. I am sure it has changed but I would love to fish it onr more time.

Places to meet???

What day/night would you guys be planning on doing this?

Need some dates. And where

This weekend the weather is supposed to be spotty. I don't mind the rain but lightening is a little different. Especially if your holding a nice 10'+ rod with a metal guide tip at the top. Saturday night works after 11pm works for me or Sunday afternoon into the evening.

ok sounds like we need to know where folks are so we can determine localized spots to meet/ pick up. when and where you guys would like to fish? im in laurel off I-95 If going to the choptank the mcdonalds or wendys by anglers before the bridge is safe and well lit.

Quote Originally Posted by QBALL View Post
    ok sounds like we need to know where folks are so we can determine localized spots to meet/ pick up. when and where you guys would like to fish? im in laurel off I-95 If going to the choptank the mcdonalds or wendys by anglers before the bridge is safe and well lit.
    I was thinking college park area. Since both locations are accessible off 495 one after the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrbaitr View Post
    I was thinking college park area. Since both locations are accessible off 495 one after the other.
    where can you leave your car parked over night at cp?

Quote Originally Posted by MulGoGi View Post
    where can you leave your car parked over night at cp?
    Good point, any suggestions where everyone doesn't have to drive far but is easily accessible and in general route towards both the tank and PLO? Costco, next to wegmans off 202?

Can I go ??

park n Ride off the Beltway near greenbelt

Quote Originally Posted by bayfishing12 View Post
    park n Ride off the Beltway near greenbelt
    Oh yea. I drive that way everyday and I totally didn't even think about that.

My wife and I would love to be part of this group. We fish the Tank mostly, but are not opposed to fishing PLO.

Wow this is turning out better than I thought! Okay so let's brainstorm some numbers folks. If each car can handle 2 passengers I figure $25 a head a reasonable number to cover gas and a dozen BW. If we go to the tank add $2. Does that sound good?

driver does not pay?

Driver is only responsible for bait. I think we might be able to get it down to $20 a passenger. This way we can maximize our resources per trip. I wonder if Mr. Kim would run a promotion for P&S members on blood worms.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast