Surf Report: South Jersey Fishing Report - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: South Jersey Fishing Report

Yes, I read your crap and thanks for reporting!!! Where is this. Brigantine? I usually try to hit that beach whenever I visit my mother who still lives in Philly..

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFish View Post
    Yes, I read your crap and thanks for reporting!!! Where is this. Brigantine? I usually try to hit that beach whenever I visit my mother who still lives in Philly..
    About 10 miles south of Brig, Ocean City. And thanks for reading my crap!

Good crap.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Yes sir, I am checking on it.
    Hell of a report, I wish I had the time to fish like you.

Hit two inlets in CMC on Tuesday throwing bucktails and plugs. Aside from a couple of short fluke on the BT, nothing to show for it. Talked to one other guy, same story. Going to try to put in a long night this weekend, hopefully the bass will show up.

Don't know what it is, fishing the surf or pier had been terrible for me this year.
    I talked to a few fellow anglers who said the same, worst year in a decade.
    I will still go and wet the line at IRI hoping for tog.

Name:  20160430_203747216_iOS.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  81.9 KB

Landed this one off the beach today. Clean clear water, outgoing tide.

Well done! Bait or lure? Can't wait to wet a line on the south end of OC for the first time this season. Just need an open window between all the family obligations.

Cool. Nice blue. I hope they stick around for another week... Thanks for the report.

Quote Originally Posted by sandcasting View Post
    Well done! Bait or lure?
    5" Storm shad. He had the drag on my SSV 3k screamin'.

Landed 2 ( a 27'' and 31'') from the Hook this weekend. Also had 4 biteoffs (forgot to bring my wire leaders).

Last edited by TunaFish; 05-09-2016 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TunaFish View Post
    Landed 2 ( a 27'' and 31'') from the Hook this weekend. Also had 4 biteoffs (forgot to bring my wire leaders).
    Nice!!

They're still here, nice. I came up empty on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyguy View Post
    They're still here, nice. I came up empty on Saturday.
    Hey fellow Philadelphian, I was going to Brigantine, but didn't want to deal with the detour of the connector, so I opted for north. Yea, I heard of BD and gators around the surf.

Great job Mr. Philly and thanks for the heads up report.

Went after kings in Brigantine yesterday. Slow pick over 3 hours ended up with 4 keeps and a half dozen throwbacks. A few baby sharks mixed in as usual. If I had been targeting greenhead flies, it would have been an epic day! Those b***tards were relentless.

Thanks for the report. I'll probably hit the north end sometimes this month, most likely the tail end of July and will have my fly swatter with me. LOL!!

Gave the fluke a break this week and targeted kingfish that supposedly were thick in the surf. Bloodworms (real and fishbite) and sandfleas were eagerly snapped up by small 8-9in. black drum
    primarily with a couple of very small kings in the mix. Tried to throw gulps on a jighead for fluke but snappers kept biting the tails off as soon as thy hit the water. The amount of bait in the water is just silly, this should be a heck of a fall striper season. In two weeks I'll be heading down to Hatteras for some early drum action hopefully, by the time I get back we should be into some bass out front, can't wait. Does anyone read this crap or am I writing for my own amusement?
    I enjoy reading your reports even tho I am not in with you guys. You are doing what I did for years. Fishing for beach flounder and beach trout. People on the fishing forums think all I know is pan fishing. LOL! Wish I could still fish like you guys. Thanks for your reports. andypat

I made my trip, 6-17 and 6-18. Friday was pretty nasty, windy with off and on rain. Only caught 4-6 horseshoe crabs.

Saturday went much better for us, first fish of the day was a 9-10" croaker from my girlfriend on salted clams. Ten minutes later I caught a small clear nosed skate on a whole box squid (without tentacles)

Then we moved to another area in cape may, she had a few nice hits on clam but never hooked up, 11' tsunami rod had a good bend in it and her baitfeeder started paying out line. Dropped before we could get to it.

Then around 6:00pm I had a hit and run on my 9' catfish rod... Just a few bumps then 1/4 bend and baitfeeder started peeling pretty good.

Hooked and landed my first sandshark.

Then somewhat steady action until dark of smaller sandsharks (5), skates (13) and horseshoe crabs ( lost count/didn't want to count).

We both had fun and plan to make another trip, hopefully later this year or a definite next year

Name:  IMG_20160712_040536.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  83.7 KBName:  4927.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  213.5 KB

The Summer of No Fish continued for me this weekend. Fished Saturday, Sunday and today at both ends of Brigantine as well as farther south and totaled 1 short fluke a couple baby sandsharks and half dozen throwback kings. Its almost enough to make a guy watch political conventions. Almost.

The Summer of No Fish continued for me this weekend. Fished Saturday, Sunday and today at both ends of Brigantine as well as farther south and totaled 1 short fluke a couple baby sandsharks and half dozen throwback kings. Its almost enough to make a guy watch political conventions. Almost.
    I was at the end of the rail section of the beach this past Saturday and had similiar results. The 4 kings I landed were a tad small. I threw up king heads and chunks, but the sharks didn't want to play. Just small doggies. I did see a HUGE ray released by the beginnign of the ORV area.

Before leaving AC, I made a quick stop at Harrah's (Absecon Bay) to see if I can land a flounder. No dice, but one of the dudes lands a nice keeper (around 22'').

BTW, why even thinking about watching the convention where there are eye candies all over the beach?? LOL!!

Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 68
Size:  165.9 KB

Fished Brigantine today and ran into a blitz of cocktail blues. Double headers every cast for a half hour on a bucktail/teaser combo. Tons of finger mullet around.

Got into a nice mess of snapper blues this past Saturday fishing at Absecon Bay (Harrah's Pier). I was told by few locals that they were getting into some keeper weakies at night. Got them on gotchas and teasers.

I fished northern NJ friday night-sat morning...got into 22-26" bass and albies

(notice water behind me)

Decent day bite in MoCo all weekend....got 7 bass n a nice fluke.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast