Surf Report: South Jersey Fishing Report
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: South Jersey Fishing Report

South Jersey Fishing Report

Hi, we fished from Sunday to Tuesday beginning in Avalon (8th St.), then into Corson's Inlet...nothing. Sunday and Monday the AC surf, hit at least 12 (9"- 15" flounder), 17" tog and 17" striper on plastic. The "talk" was kingfish on Albany Ave. the slots were a calling, we didn't make it. Tuesday we hit the high tide at Longport...nothing. We'll be heading for north jersy this weekend ,then south to MD the next week. Hopefully things will pick up.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Fished the Ocean City area Saturday and ended up with a half dozen short fluke with as many swings and misses. Best action was at bottom of the afternoon tide. White gulps were the ticket and all fish took the teaser not the BT.

Finally got into some keepers on Saturday. Ocean City area, 9 fish all 16" or better and one fat 19" keeper. Up till now the biggest ones were 16". The hard NE blow pushed the bait and the bigger fish in tight I guess. Hope they stick around.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

My string of good fishing ended yesterday with a total skunk at my favorite CMC inlet. Clean clear water, incoming tide, and not a tap. May try some king fishing out front this weekend.

Enjoying your reports philly. Keep 'em coming.

Fished Townsends Inlet last week but caught nothing (bloodworms). Saw a couple of guys using spearing catching some keeper flounder.

Tried to fish the beach in Strathmere Sunday, but the seaweed made any fishing impossible. Total fail.

Thanks for the report ... tough time of year for catching!

Took a final shot at the flattops today Ocean City area and only managed 2 shorts and a handful of snapper blues. Fished a white BT/teaser combo tipped w/gulps. Water was stained and a bit weedy, but fishable. Time to get the bigger gear out.

How heavy were those snappers?

Fished the front side at Cape May this weekend and it was dogfish all day and night. So far the bluefish blitz that is raging up and down the length of NJ has not reached the southern tip. The baitshop guy told me they were seeing more bass than blues, but none for me.

Name:  OCstriper.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  63.1 KB

Things are picking up in South Jersey. Fat 28 incher on clam on the outgoing today in Ocean City.

The bluefish bite seems to be slowing but I picked three bass (largest was 27") off the beach in Ocean City Saturday. Saw a few others caught, all shorts.Name:  beachbass.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  132.6 KB

Tried a few bucktails this evening looking for fluke and no runs,no hits, no errors, no fish..

Any action at IBSP?

Sandcrab

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcrab View Post
    Any action at IBSP?

Sandcrab
    Those guys post on other boards, but the bluefish and striper bite seems to be slowing all over.

Hit the beach today with high hopes. The weather looked right, the water looked right, but the fish were nowhere to be found. Fished an inlet and out front in CMC and got only a few dogfish and skates for my trouble.

Parked the pole on the beach in Sea Isle yesterday with the SO with the kingfish rig and bloods. Had a fair number of bites but landed zero. Did manage to foul hook a skate though! Water still cold for June.

Really weird it's chilly up your way, because just south of you the water is hotter than I've seen in years. At least you're not dealing with shark hysteria...

Water up to low 70s now and the fluke bite is on. Got a late start but making up for it now. More keepers around than I've seen in years.

Fished the surf in Ocean City, incoming tide, and had many fluke (20+) up to 17". Water was warm, gin clear and moving and the fluke were chomping. Gulps in pink, chartruese and white were used.

Back at 'em Sunday, same spot, same tide, same wind, same baits, and........Well you get the idea. Managed four shorts (up to 17"). Lotta big rays around, I saw one hit something (probably a fluke) in the wash. It was quite a sight seeing a 40" or more ray chase some poor fluke almost up onto the sand. Nature is amazing.

Got out yesterday, put in a full day and had very little to show for it. Only a handful of short fluke with biggest one only 13". Water was churned up a bit with plenty of weed and a hard SW wind wasn't helping either. Oh well, it was a nice day to be out, not too hot and some overcast to keep the sun off my neck. Back at 'em next week. Can't help thinking that all those big rays out there are putting a hurt on the fluking.

After a slow start today, the bite really turned on about 6pm on the outgoing. Ended with 22 fish, 2 keepers (20,18) with a few 17s and 16s in the mix as well. White gulp on a red jighead really killed.

Gave the fluke a break this week and targeted kingfish that supposedly were thick in the surf. Bloodworms (real and fishbite) and sandfleas were eagerly snapped up by small 8-9in. black drum
    primarily with a couple of very small kings in the mix. Tried to throw gulps on a jighead for fluke but snappers kept biting the tails off as soon as thy hit the water. The amount of bait in the water is just silly, this should be a heck of a fall striper season. In two weeks I'll be heading down to Hatteras for some early drum action hopefully, by the time I get back we should be into some bass out front, can't wait. Does anyone read this crap or am I writing for my own amusement?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast