Portsmouth Island Roll Call

Thread: Portsmouth Island Roll Call

Portsmouth Island Roll Call

Five others along with myself will be heading over on October 31st and staying for a long weekend. Just curious to know if any other Pier & Surf members will be there the same time.

Neil

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

We have a crew of 4 going over on the 26th to the 29th I will be sure to give a full report on here. I will PM you with specific spots so not to spot burn on here. Things look like they are getting real good down there.

I was over there the first two days it was open and the fishing was good then, plenty of slot drum for everyone it seemed. Didn't hear reports about anything bigger but hey I'll take a few slot drum any day. Good Luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Lookin' forward to it!

I've been thinking of going out there for a long weekend but have never been there,do you need permits to drive on the beach ? any other info you could offer up for a first timer there would also be appreciated... thanks and tight lines...

DrumBum,
    7 from our church (York SC)will be going over 11-11 thorugh 11-15, looking forward, please post the fishing and bait status when you get back I will be looking for some info.
    We had a plan "B" ready due to the shutdown , but now it's back to plan "A" I, love that place.

Thanks and have a good trip!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abu caster View Post
    We have a crew of 4 going over on the 26th to the 29th I will be sure to give a full report on here. I will PM you with specific spots so not to spot burn on here. Things look like they are getting real good down there.
    That sounds great! I'd really appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by jocoscout View Post
    I was over there the first two days it was open and the fishing was good then, plenty of slot drum for everyone it seemed. Didn't hear reports about anything bigger but hey I'll take a few slot drum any day. Good Luck!
    I'm right there with ya. I'd love a big one but catching slot drum is a lot of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sudshunter View Post
    I've been thinking of going out there for a long weekend but have never been there,do you need permits to drive on the beach ? any other info you could offer up for a first timer there would also be appreciated... thanks and tight lines...
    No permit is needed to drive on PI. Contact Morris Marina in Atlantic, NC for information (they own/run the ferry). It is an amazing place but be prepared, there are no roads or stores on the island, just a few cabins, mosquitoes that can carry small children away, and God's great landscape!

Quote Originally Posted by bass724 View Post
    DrumBum,
    7 from our church (York SC)will be going over 11-11 thorugh 11-15, looking forward, please post the fishing and bait status when you get back I will be looking for some info.
    We had a plan "B" ready due to the shutdown , but now it's back to plan "A" I, love that place.

Thanks and have a good trip!!!!
    Thanks! Sounds like a good time! I'll post a report when we get back

Yall give em hell next week! I can't re book my trip this fall since we were going over last week during the close down, just got to much going on around the house. Pup bite has been off the hook there & I bet the bigguns will be chewing. Looking forward to seeing the reports,i'm heading to Hampstead this weekend to chase some backwater fish.