Question: Va beach fishing pier?

Thread: Va beach fishing pier?

Va beach fishing pier?

Has the va beach fishing pier heated up yet? Never been, but I heard this is a good time to go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Called there tonight and was told that they were closed a couple days due to the rough weather. They are catching puppy drum. The spot should be coming through. A couple weeks ago the spot were biting Fishbites but at times they got picky and wanted real bloodworm. I would go when you get the chance.

Thanks. That's a shame that they're closed, but I guess being on the ocean with big waves could be a little dangerous.

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

The pier is not closed now. Sometimes they close if not many people show up and the weather is bad.

Ok thanks. Also Fishinphil, do the fishbite during the outgoing there, or do they bite pretty well during all of the tides. If you fish the outgoing of the lynnhaven pier, then you're likely to not catch much. It looks like the only time I can go tomorrow is during most of the outgoing.

I've caught fish as long as the tide is moving. Mostly fish the left side of the pier though once a in a while they pop up at the end or right side. Some places of the pier are more productive then others. Try not to set up under a pilon as you may get snagged.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish'n Phil View Post
    Mostly fish the left side of the pier though once a in a while they pop up at the end or right side. Some places of the pier are more productive then others. Try not to set up under a pilon as you may get snagged.
    I've always wondered why. Is there some structure or deeper hole on the left side?

I think there is a sand bar on the left side near the front third of the pier that consistently holds fish. When the wind is blowing NE it pushes the fish towards the pier. I guess the fish then go around the pier and go straight out thus avoiding the right side. Of course there are fish caught on the right side but not as much as on the left. One time I caught fish at the right end of the pier fishing straight down...at first I was the only one catching but others caught on! Another time only six to eight people were catching at the middle end of the pier and no one else was catching anything.

North side in the fall, south side in the spring, for the most part. Incoming tends to produce the best. Open from 8 to 8 weather permitting, 8 to midnight Friday and Saturday