Goverment shut down - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Goverment shut down

30 miles from OBX as the crow flies, or 80 miles by Jeep!
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCRick View Post
    "difficult to explain what little I know".............who the hell admits to being that clueless? BTW, thanks again solid......
    Well clearly what little I know is a lot more than you knew, and even I knew nothing about it, I wouldn't have acted like a child when someone made a good faith effort to assist you. Reap what you sew pal. Hopefully solid imparted some of his vast knowledge onto you and helped you out. Be careful though when getting advice from someone like him. He knows a little bit about everything, and a lot about nothing at all. You two make a great pair.

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by lil red jeep View Post
    Be careful though when getting advice from someone like him. He knows a little bit about everything, and a lot about nothing at all. You two make a great pair.
    Yes, I would have to agree. Between the two of us, we cut YOU out of the middle, and went straight to the facts. That made you irrelevant, which I personally enjoyed. Good for us, bad for you. No partisan Bull****, just plain old facts, as they were written on the website. (I PM'ed him so that you didn't have to make a political statement - didn't want you to risk having a coronary, fending off vast right-wing conspiracies)

It's OK, Rick, like he said, he's a retired government worker. His answers to you entirely validated that assertion.

Back to you, Angry Man.

Quote Originally Posted by solid7 View Post
    . . . . Back to you, Angry Man.
    Nope. Maybe you can 'splain it to me, too, 7.

The quote was:

Quote Originally Posted by lil red jeep View Post
    It is very difficult to try to explain what little I know about the ACA, which is a politically charged subject and is tied strongly to politics, without politics being addressed in the response. . . .
    I agree, LRJ.

I'm not sure what is going on here.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    “To be is to do - Socrates / To do is to be - Sartre / Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra” -- Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaHoTep View Post
    I agree, LRJ.

I'm not sure what is going on here.
    I could explain it to you, if you promise to give me a pass on the time out...

Nope. Maybe you can 'splain it to me, too, 7.
    I'm not going to explain what I told Rick, because it was based on his personal situation.

I don't care what you or LRJ's politics are. If fellas are stuck in perpetual agitation, I can't help that. This is where we detract from LRJ's "the sky is falling" accusation, and deal with reality, not ideals. The man asked for some help based on his situation, and I told him (honestly) what I knew, and what I didn't. I'm not trying to stop what has already been put in place or blame anyone for what is and isn't... (whether I like it or not)

It's real easy not to talk about politics when you actually try. Didn't any of your parents teach you that can't always have things just the way you would like them? (for Christ's sake)

Quote Originally Posted by solid7 View Post
    I'm not going to explain what I told Rick, because it was based on his personal situation. . . . Didn't any of your parents teach you that can't always have things just the way you would like them? (for Christ's sake)
    For clarification: The quoted text before the ellipsis points is not what I was needing to have explained to me. That is none of anyone's business, unless Rick wants it to be. If you helped this guy in PM, which is great, I'm not sure why then we return to the PUBLIC forum to continue making comments about cutting people out of the middle of a conversation (again, in a PUBLIC area). THAT is what I did not understand.
    “To be is to do - Socrates / To do is to be - Sartre / Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra” -- Kurt Vonnegut

For clarification: The quoted text before the ellipsis points is not what I was needing to have explained to me. That is none of anyone's business, unless Rick wants it to be. If you helped this guy in PM, which is great, I'm not sure why then we return to the PUBLIC forum to continue making comments about cutting people out of the middle of a conversation (again, in a PUBLIC area). THAT is what I did not understand.
    Oh, that's the easy part. It's because a certain (not you) someone was acting like a douche. It was just easier to talk about it with all of the facts and none of the politics.

I truly appreciate the help I received, both solid and bubba... Thank you! I do not think i'll look at this thread again........If I find anything applicable to a person in my situation I will certainly post if I feel it will help someone out. Needless to say if I find something cheaper I'll be happy to pass around the info. That is kinda what I had in mind when I asked the question....... I kinda thought pro ACA guys would have a better understanding of it than I had...........that is the only reason I asked...

Sorry

Glad you got some insight. I have done a lot of reading over the last couple weeks. I won't find out what my employer plan will be until mid Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMike View Post
    Glad you got some insight. I have done a lot of reading over the last couple weeks. I won't find out what my employer plan will be until mid Dec.
    I hope that goes well for you all, Mike. I remember when ours changed. The committee did not complete the contract with the company (after some very tense negotiations, I was told, I am glad I got off that negotiating committee, I'll tell you that much right there) until school was out, and the changes were e-mailed to us and we had until like June 15 to go over there and complete the paperwork. Some people went on vacation and didn't check their e-mail and had to get a phone call and come home. It was a mess. That's a HAIL of an e-mail to open up and read! Most of us figured since ours went into effect on 1 July, it would not change much until the next year because of the 1 January business. We were just ignorant of it all, because it wasn't on the news as much, I guess. That was a major surprise to see the rate/benefit change. Again, GOOD LUCK, man.

You wanta know who's buying? Or is projected to buy?

http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...s-success.aspx

Looks like a sales pitch to me. My mom told me if it looks to good to be true it most likely is.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitdog2 View Post
    Obama shuts down 1100 sq.mi of prime fishing waters to guides off the coast of Florida. What's Next?
    Fishing can wait for me - Glad me and my wife are both back at work. Got 2 mortgages to support...

Sandcrab

30 miles from OBX as the crow flies, or 80 miles by Jeep!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandcrab View Post
    Fishing can wait for me - Glad me and my wife are both back at work. Got 2 mortgages to support...

Sandcrab
    Glad you are back to work. Not all time away from work is a vacation.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678