Question: Topsail next week 9-07 thru 9-14

Thread: Topsail next week 9-07 thru 9-14

Topsail next week 9-07 thru 9-14

How is the bite at night other than shark in the surf? Is the drum and blue fishing better at night? Are the spot and pomps hitting during the day? Never fished this far south any help would be great. Really don't want to fish the planks. Are the mullet running hard in the surf yet? The house is near the middle of the island and plan on fishing the surf there. Thanks in advance for any help given to this old guy who plans on sitting in a chair enjoying a iced down cold drink. One more question has anyone ever got checked for their fishing permit on the beach?

2. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

I would recommend you buy your fishing license. Im not sure on the bite right now, but dont catch them all, I'll be down there with some bud's the following week.

Water temp is around 81 deg. So I would have a good vacation with the family, maybe throw a net for shrimp at nite. The fishing won't be much to it until it cools down!

5. Remove Advertisements
    PierAndSurf.com
    Advertisements

Yes, I have been checked twice. Likely not be checked, but if you don't have that paper and are checked, it will hurt your feelings when you have to cough up the $$$

Bill

Report from last week. Blues for 1-2 hours every morning and every evening before and after dark caught on finger mullet I caught out of surf with cast net. Friday before I left people on one side of me caught about a 10# drum and the guy on the other side of me caught a 5# drum. Me none. Spot and whiting during the day on shrimp and bloodworms. Had 2 sharks after dark on cut blues that I could not slow down, burned my thumb for about 50 yds of line until they cut steel leader. Good fun while it lasted.