Pier and Surf Forum banner

Nags Head Pier - Sandy damage?

3K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  ncsharkman 
#1 ·
Was Nags Head Pier damaged by Sandy or is it in full operation?

#5 ·
i'm not touchin' the dorkhole question,on to the ops question-nags head pier was under going tip repair at the time sandy hit,so she didn't lose anything there but they probably will not open till the spring to finish and assess any other repairs

#9 ·
Dorkhole?

I will fish Dorkhole next chance I get and since it is a remote location all the "pro" fellas on the end will not mind me pendulum casting, they may want to watch out for a stray break off occasionally though...

It can get lonely at the DorkHole so I will need to fish 2-3 Drum rods to keep busy.......may even bring my 9 weight Fly rod and go for the all time Fly Rod Drum record

Most time I would park my gear on the Dork Hole side anyway, back when I got to fish Avon.....Dork hole regular crowd are pretty calm most days....

#10 ·
Just checked the Island Free Press site and the Dork Hole looks to be in grave danger and Rodanthe Pier is now Rodanthe Dock, hopefully they will fortify both of these piers so that I can get in on the action when I revisit my old haunts....

By the way folks all the Big Time Shark Avon Fishermen fish the Dorkhole and try for "Big Dorkie" an Outer Banks legend similar to the "Salvo Monster" and may even be the same giant 25 foot Tiger or 16 foot Dusky or whatever it is that for decades has frequented the same North Beach areas....

#22 ·
sorry squid,you'll get used to some of us as time wears on.don't take much to get a hi-jack on here sometimes and ya never know what topic will do it unless you mention braid vs.mono,conv. vs. spinning,river rig,etc.happy t'day to you and all who read

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.