Provincetown - Race Point in June ?? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Provincetown - Race Point in June ??

Captain Awesome
05-01-2012, 12:38 PM
Since part of the in-laws family have moved to Boston, I will be making my first trip to the Cape in late June. Will be primarily fishing from the beach (although I will be taking the kayak too). My guess is blues and stripers are the primary target from shore. Anything else that I might get into? Also I have a variety of gear that I will serve me well for most any size bass or blue, so I wondered if it was worth taking some of the lighter stuff I typically reserve for trout, whiting and flounder?

Also, what will I likely be using for bait then (plan to stop at the local tackle shop to ask/purchase), plugs, eels, cut bait, all of the above? Just curious since I also have a pile of hooks and things at home that I can cart with.

Thanks for any and all info for a Cape newbie.

Slammer
05-19-2012, 07:20 PM
One thing to consider,the bass will be gorging themselves on sand eels in June in P-Town.

Slammer
06-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Full scale bluefish blitz Friday afternoon on the South side.My arms are still tired.

Captain Awesome
06-12-2012, 10:43 AM
Sweet! I am itching to get there an cast a line. Hope the bass stay on the beach for another week.