Upper Hudson river Striper Time [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Upper Hudson river Striper Time

Finny
04-24-2010, 09:23 AM
The spring run is on in the Northren Hudson river

cocoflea
04-24-2010, 08:11 PM
We need details please

Finny
05-02-2010, 02:09 AM
My son Joey got his first of the run a 35 and 38"Striper on live Herrin. The bait has been runnin very strong.

HuskyMD
05-04-2010, 11:32 AM
how far north are you talking? I've gone with my mom in Watervliet at the dam where the old car factory is located. Maybe it's time for another trip. Did you catch the herring yourself? We had to buy frozen when we went and everyone thought we were crazy as they were just wading for shad or something.

Finny
05-05-2010, 09:53 PM
how far north are you talking? I've gone with my mom in Watervliet at the dam where the old car factory is located. Maybe it's time for another trip. Did you catch the herring yourself? We had to buy frozen when we went and everyone thought we were crazy as they were just wading for shad or something.
Any were below the Troy dam is good Striper fishing. Herrin are readly avil. forzen chunk is useless when herrin abound.We use live herrin that I catch with a scap net. They also make sabek jigs the people use from a boat. Scapin with a net is done from shore or a stream that runs into the Hudson.The run will be over the end of May or could be sooner so you should go it is prime time now.If you see people with a 4' square net on shroe they are scappin and if there getin them good they'll give you some .You'll need a bucket with holes to leave the herrin in the water cause they die fast with out fresh water. Hope that helps you Good Luck