Question: Porgy Bite in Massachusetts [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Question: Porgy Bite in Massachusetts

chesapeake_kid
11-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Can someone tell me when is the best time to come up? I'm thinking of traveling early with my boys this spring to put some meat in the freezer. Also does anyone know a number or link to a good bottom fishing skipper. It will be my youngest sons first time on a boat so I want it to be a good trip for him. thanks.

The Kid

Slammer
11-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Can someone tell me when is the best time to come up? I'm thinking of traveling early with my boys this spring to put some meat in the freezer. Also does anyone know a number or link to a good bottom fishing skipper. It will be my youngest sons first time on a boat so I want it to be a good trip for him. thanks.

The Kid

I think the Scup (Porgy) season starts around the middle to the end of May.You could also catch Tautog and Black Sea Bass on the same bottom fishing trip.All three species are totally delicious.I'll try to find a charter for you.I am in Mashpee.I know Buzzard's Bay and the surrounding waters are very productive.

Slammer
11-14-2009, 04:51 PM
Just google Cape Cod Travel.Then click on Things To Do.You'll get a list of party boats etc.Any other questions,let me know.I'm here to help.:popcorn:

earl of DC
11-14-2009, 06:27 PM

The Kid
chesapeake every1 from down our area (dc,md,va) goes up there in may!!:popcorn:

chesapeake_kid
11-16-2009, 09:42 AM
hey thanks slammer and Earl for the info. I guess I'll be planning for may then.

The Kid

Slammer
12-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Tight lines.Bring a healthy appetite!