Bear in them there hills [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Bear in them there hills

fish_oinc
07-24-2009, 09:44 PM
Here in Va we have had an increased number of bears showing them selves all over the place in May we had one in our front yard for 2 hrs and wife had to call game warden to get him to move last week I was out for a bike ride up the hollow and just happened to bring my cam to record the ride home .as I had been seeing a lot of deer. this trip was a little different. if you watch the video at the beginning you will see a mother bear cross the road way ahead of me , you need to look hard after that a cub crosses right in front of me and was more scared then I was . take a look.

http://s9.photobucket.com/albums/a69/fish_oinc/video/?action=view&current=BearyNiceBikeRide.flv

Rockfish1
07-25-2009, 01:28 AM
Sweet... and a cute lil bugger too... :D

sprtsracer
07-25-2009, 10:44 AM
Nice little video there. I lived in Pocahontas County, WV for 4 years...right in the middle of the Monongahela National Forest...and bears were an every-day occurrence. I used to go "ramp hunting" and morel hunting quite a bit, as well as hiking, fishing, hunting, etc. Tons of bears! One thing you NEVER want to do is get between mama bear and her cubs! She gets a little "testy" when that happens. Also, the more populated an area gets, the more of a "dumpster food supply" is available. Snowshoe Ski Resort was not far away. There were a lot of motorcycle and mountain bike activities in the Spring/Summer/Fall and there were plenty of condos and lots of restaurants on top the mountain with a bunch of "garbage" that the bears liked to "forage".

sprtsracer
07-25-2009, 10:48 AM
BTW...I think I've been to Washington, VA before. Isn't there a pretty famous restaurant there? "Inn at Little Washington" or something like that. Ate there once and had, absolutely, the best meal at a restaurant in my entire life!

chriscustom
07-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Sweet vid dude! I'm hoping to see a bear this year while bow hunting.I have never seen one while I had an equilizer in my hand.

UnknownFish
07-26-2009, 01:01 AM
cool video, i remember one time was hunting deer outside of front royal, va and bear season wasnt in and i had a bear i estimate at over 400 lbs come about 10 feet from me and never even looked my way or anything, i was scared sh!tless, thank god for cover scents.