Surf Report: Damn it!!!! [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Surf Report: Damn it!!!!

bstarling
06-24-2009, 10:34 AM
I'll whine for a while. The family came to Topsail for our annual beach week. I unloaded the Suburban with great excitement and enthusiasm. Great weather, good winds, and WOWEE! Last thing was to get the chairs off the roof rack and hit the beach. I stepped up on the trailer hitch and then to the step bumper. Whilst straightening out my left leg I hear a POP! I cringe with pain and speak some church words involving hell fire and damnation. I have blown my knee!:--| Spent all day yesterday in the doctors office, x-rays, MRI, the whole works. Now I await the doctor's call to find out what I already know. I'm sure I be in the O.R. for a bit of knee repair real soon! Chit! This ain't been too good a season already for me, but I really did have high ambitions for the week.

Bill:fishing::--|:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::--|

basstardo
06-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Damn dude, sorry to hear that. I've had knee problems in the past, and it's no joke. Hopefully it's something they can fix easily. My boss's wife had her ACL repaired about a month ago, and she was walking that day, although very lightly. She's been doing really well, with minimal pain, but she's now going into PT to help with mobility. Good luck.

RuddeDogg
06-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Dam Bill that sucks. Wishing the best for ya.

HStew
06-24-2009, 12:07 PM
op. on left knee [ACL] after Fran. Torn ACL , again, last Sept. {wrapped it up and fished all fall and was painful to say the least] . Was to have op in Dec., then Jan. 3 . Told doc., no thanks. Was grown back or something! A lot of ice treatment did well for my knee.

bstarling
06-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Well, I just heard from the Doc. Big mess in the meniscus and ACL and maybe a little more connective tissue damage. I'm waiting for the surgeon's call for some scheduling. The last time it was the right knee and a torn meniscus and about 6 weeks of limping about. Hopefully, I'll be up to full steam, by fall. I guess I'll just:beer:

Bill, wishing he could:fishing:

Finger_Mullet
06-24-2009, 02:55 PM
Bill,

I can't believe you blowed your knee out!!!! I know the feeling. I had the same surgery years ago!!! I did manage to go hunting and drag a deer out of the woods 4 days after surgery. It was not easy but I got it done.

I am sure you will be able to yak a few baits out in early August. After all there is nothing wrong with your arms. :D

My world is settling down a little but looks like yours just went to the chitter!!!! Sorry to hear you will be out of the action for a while but it does give you a little break from all the honeydoooos.

If you need anything give me a shout!!!!!You can still come up and shoot your rifle a little. You can drive the RTV around. No walking needed to shoot.

Good luck with surgery!!!! I will be thinking about you Bill!!!

Darin

fisho
06-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Dam Bill that sucks! I hope you recover before fall. Def do the rehab on it. ever since i had ortho on my right knee i can tell when a storms a coming so you got that to look forward too.

If you can't cast this fall i'm sure Lisa would love to throw that breakaway or afaw for ya all day ;)

Keep drinking! :beer: possibly going to chumbag/yak it up northbeach this weekend. i'll keep you posted. stay off that leg!

Sam

llpaintball
06-24-2009, 04:42 PM
youre not missing much.. im at topsail and not catching a thing lol

Fish Hunter
06-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Dang Bill that sucks. But since you are not using it, I'll just come get the Moon Raker and fish it for you this summer. :)

Do what the doc says and dont rush it, at our age, we just dont heal as fast as we used to.

bstarling
06-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks guys. I'm going for final evaluation and schedule surgery tomorrow. Hopefully I will get in quickly. Patient waiting is not one of my best virtues, especially waiting for something I'm not too wild about in the first place.

Sam, you haven't bought Lisa that Breakaway yet? I'll bet if you do she'll out cast more than a couple of guys I've seen (me included). You're not afraid she'll out throw you are you? :D Truth is I recon I'll need someone to cast all my mess for a while. Just pisses me off that I've got to deal with this during fishing season. OK, I'm through whining:D...

Bill::beer: soon to be fishing:

eric
06-24-2009, 11:40 PM
hey hey. now you have a good excuse to buy that air powered bait missle shooting cannon thingy.

i forgot the name but remember seeing it on the forums a few days back.

hope ya get well soon =D

pa,fisherman
06-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Damn, I know what you are going through. I finish drywall and I fell off my stilts, was off work for 3.5 months. Get well soon. pa,fisherman ( my name is also Bill )

tadracket
06-25-2009, 03:15 PM
And I thought my tennis elbow was a pain. Dude, sorry to hear about you pain. Let me know when you need a caster. My range is not great due to the elbow, but I'll help out all I can.

gshivar
06-25-2009, 04:13 PM
Bill, sorry surgery is required. You called that one right. I will call real soon and get details. If you need anything, Janet and I are here. We have some time off!! - glenn

Ryan Y
06-25-2009, 06:46 PM
Sorry Bill.

Guess you wont be heading out to any of our secret fishing holes anytime soon hugh? Looks like I'll have em all to myself for a while.

bstarling
06-25-2009, 09:36 PM
Well, I saw the Dr. today. The good news is that the surgery is not nearly as bad as when I had the right knee done. Thanks be to God. None the less, I still have a bit of a mess to correct, but the recovery is supposed to be pretty quick. It looks like I will get some fishing in before fall.

I thank you all for your support and listening to my whine. Things are looking up:rolleyes:

Bill:fishing:

pogey moe
06-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Haha! Iwas at topsail to and man we caught fish!noooooooo just jiving you around.sorry to hear that one.dang!why couldnt it have happened after the trip!!!damn it!!!!

ncnat
06-25-2009, 11:11 PM
Get better soon the fish miss your feeding them.

HStew
06-26-2009, 01:20 AM
Yep, you'll be knee deep [pardon the pun] again before the fall season. Take it slow while on the mend. My biggest problem is I keep forgetting I'm 64...not 24!!!

bstarling
06-26-2009, 09:01 AM
Yep, you'll be knee deep [pardon the pun] again before the fall season. Take it slow while on the mend. My biggest problem is I keep forgetting I'm 64...not 24!!!

I'm still a youngun. I'm only 61. :D I think the spirit is more willing than the body is able at times. I can still go as hard as I used to until a part breaks. It's sort of like an old car you run like hell till things start falling off. Then you gotta go in for repairs and refuel it:beer:

fisho
06-26-2009, 09:44 AM
Didn't buy lisa that rod yet. too scared of the outcome! jk. saving for the wedding in August. guess we will have to put it on the gift registry. :)

look forward to hanging in the sand soon!

Sam

NTKG
06-26-2009, 10:26 AM
I'll whine for a while. The family came to Topsail for our annual beach week. I unloaded the Suburban with great excitement and enthusiasm. Great weather, good winds, and WOWEE! Last thing was to get the chairs off the roof rack and hit the beach. I stepped up on the trailer hitch and then to the step bumper. Whilst straightening out my left leg I hear a POP! I cringe with pain and speak some church words involving hell fire and damnation. I have blown my knee!:--| Spent all day yesterday in the doctors office, x-rays, MRI, the whole works. Now I await the doctor's call to find out what I already know. I'm sure I be in the O.R. for a bit of knee repair real soon! Chit! This ain't been too good a season already for me, but I really did have high ambitions for the week.

Bill:fishing::--|:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::--|

well thats one less person to compete with me in october for drum...

in all seriousness, sorry to hear about that bill. I hope you have a speedy recovery. You know the drill, go easy on it and do your PT

bstarling
06-26-2009, 10:14 PM
The stay ends tomorrow and I get to see the OR on Thursday. I'm glad this ordeal is soon to be over. My son in law saw a nice big cobia in the the break this afternoon, and some time later the mother of all thunderstorms came across. Saw three water spouts within minutes. I couldn't find my good camera, but got one on a phone.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l219/wbstarling/WaterspoutTopsail6-09.jpg
These were less than a mile off the beach and really blowing up the surface. They came mighty near a couple of boats heading in. I hope they did OK.