Video of Ryan at Dare County meeting. [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Video of Ryan at Dare County meeting.

for access
06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5pr21A4cw&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Erys2sense%2Ecom%2Fanti%2Dneocons%2Fviewtopic%2Ephp%3Ff%3D11%26t%3D16895%26p%3D126158&feature=player_embedded

AbuMike
06-19-2009, 07:52 PM
One of the best and most inspirational points of view I've ever heard. Bravo!!!

bstarling
06-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Very well done. Points were made that should be listened to. However the problem is not with Dare County, it is with the judge and the interpetations of the law he is siding with. The whole mess goes back to NPS for not doing what they were mandated to do in the first place..ie: implement a plan. I fear the all or nothing solution won't work for either side. There are good instances of a sharing plan that works well for both sides. My best example would be Fort Fisher where plenty of access continues to be provided for critters and people. The only closing is overnight during turtle season. This is not perfect for either side, but it works, and most are reasonable happy about this approach. I really hope reason prevails on both sides of the issue.

Bill:fishing:

OBX_Rat
06-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Right on man, good job better be more to come, you shold run for office!

kyoung490
06-19-2009, 11:47 PM
good job.

Ryan Y
06-20-2009, 11:16 AM
Nice Work

charmdropout
06-20-2009, 12:22 PM
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! John

Fireline20
06-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Very well done. Points were made that should be listened to. However the problem is not with Dare County, it is with the judge and the interpetations of the law he is siding with. The whole mess goes back to NPS for not doing what they were mandated to do in the first place..ie: implement a plan. I fear the all or nothing solution won't work for either side. There are good instances of a sharing plan that works well for both sides. My best example would be Fort Fisher where plenty of access continues to be provided for critters and people. The only closing is overnight during turtle season. This is not perfect for either side, but it works, and most are reasonable happy about this approach. I really hope reason prevails on both sides of the issue.

Bill:fishing:

Ditto to all of the above...the Fort and the way it is managed and the people who use it and respect it is an example that all should take note of.:fishing:

PEEWEE
06-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Well spoken, Thanks for you efforts..

RW_20
06-20-2009, 05:03 PM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Respect/respect-046.gifWell Done!

Hudak
06-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Absolutely well done. Keep that handy and be prepared to repeat it to whomever you have to.

RObert

Smally
06-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Nicely done! I have a few questions. I wasn't able to be there since I live on the opposite end of the state, up in the mountains, but I do care very much & help where I can (called my local rep & both senators asking for support on the bill or resolution or whatever it's called). Anyway, after watching the video, it was obvious there were lots of people there that supported Mr. Dawson's (Our) point of view, but I'm wondering if any of the opposition showed up? And if so how was the crowd split?

My other question is about this panel of folks that were listening to Mr. Dawson's & other residents pleas for change..... What, if anything, can they do to change it? Is this going to lead to any kind of action, or can it?

gus