Question: 4x4 Taxi Service on Fort Fisher [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Question: 4x4 Taxi Service on Fort Fisher

Fireline20
06-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Just a question.

What would be the market for a 4x4 taxi type service on the Fort? Would they allow it? Would it be a profitable market? How much would that challenge the moral or ethical questions of such a service to the existing 4x4 people, which I count myself a part of

Has anyone ever thought about this? I am talking about say a 4 hour drop off, pick up time frame?

For that matter would that service be better suited for the North End at Freeman Park?

Now I know this is possibly going to cause a firestorm of opinion, but just thought I would ask,,,I have no plans on starting a service like that.

Ryan Y
06-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Got to have a business/privledge license for Carolina Beach, and then a taxi license for New Hanover County. NHC Taxi Licenses are hard to come by though.

sleepyhead
06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
I saw one the last time I was down there a few weeks ago. They have gotten creative a firewood truck, OLD truck camper that is an ice cream truck. I think I have even seen a domino's guy out there. I will be back down this weekend.

spot tail hunter
06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
There is already one on the beach. But he is very shady!!!!! All you have to have is the regular taxi stuff and a four wheel drive. Dont know about the fort. I am assuming if he has a pass he can do the same thing.

Fireline20
06-16-2009, 06:41 PM
OK probably right