Camping and fishing [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Camping and fishing

narfpoit
06-03-2009, 01:57 PM
Going camping and fishing next weekend with my oldest son (6) He just likes digging in the Sand while I fish the surf so I am just looking for Suggestions of where to go. I am open to anywhere on the NC coast and I will hopefully taking the 4x4. Anyway thanks for the help.

John

Fireline20
06-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Going camping and fishing next weekend with my oldest son (6) He just likes digging in the Sand while I fish the surf so I am just looking for Suggestions of where to go. I am open to anywhere on the NC coast and I will hopefully taking the 4x4. Anyway thanks for the help.

John

Try Carolina Beach State Park south of Wilmington on Paradise Isle then drive down about 4 miles to Ft Fisher Rec Area to drive on the beach, total solitude and only $10 a day for a drive permit or $40 a year. The State Park does not have water or power on campsite but they do have heated bath houses with hot water.

If you want the water/power conncections there is a nice private campground just before you cross over the Snow's Cut Bridge on the right

Finger_Mullet
06-03-2009, 06:11 PM
Just take the tent and camp in our yard at CB. There is a toilet with a hot shower. It is free and I doubt anyone will be down there. I will check tonight.

I may go down that weekend. I have to check the calander when I get home. If so you can crash at the house.

We may have a baseball tournamnet but if not I may head down.

Darin

Brooksobx
06-03-2009, 09:46 PM
They're catching a lot of fish in Ocracoke and your son can dig til his heart's content. Check fishtradewinds.com for a fishing report.

ketch69
06-03-2009, 11:27 PM
KOA campground in Avon also. Lots of great fishing in theat area.

DEAN

sleepyhead
06-03-2009, 11:34 PM
If you go to HI stop in buxton and stay with island hideaway. Or in Avon stay in sands of time, they support OBPA as well. If yo go over to Ocoke you can stay at Teeters (i think that is right).