Pier Report: Oceana Pier [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Pier Report: Oceana Pier

Jackalopehunter
05-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Went out this afternoon, got there about 330pm and it was slow but people were pulling in some nice fish. 2 juvinial cobia were pulled up, released because sign says no cobia(among other things) 1 nice fat pomp if i were to guess about 1.5 lbs, blues and spanish were all over the end of the pier hittin on gotcha's. biggest blue i saw was about 18 inches, 3 lbs or so, and same for the spanish, average spanish were 13-14 inches. did watch 1 guy hook into something on very light line(he said it was only 8lbs) and got spooled after a 40 min fight, was slightly entertaining to watch as the small blitz of blues were comming in and people scattering to get out the way and catch fish. never saw what it was that took this guys line, but he was usin shrimp on the bottom, i think by the way it was peeling line a big ray. anyways the fish are there just gotta be persistent.

saltycaster
06-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Hey Jhunter,
I'll be down your way June 20th for a week. Beach front house in Emerald Isle.
If you can and want to get together, we can make some plans ahead of time
as time gets closer. Don't think I'll have internet at the rental. (unfortunately)

HAPPY FISHING

Jackalopehunter
06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
its a possibility, i might be at the firing range though, ill keep ya posted for sure.

striperswiper
06-02-2009, 12:31 AM
NO Cobia? why is that

Jackalopehunter
06-05-2009, 08:02 PM
NO Cobia? why is that

no clue to be honest, no cobia, no float, no shark no kings...i think its crap personally, i know if i gotta king or cobia that was big enuff its goin in my cooler :D

hokieboy
06-05-2009, 10:41 PM
It means you cant fish for them not that you cant keep them.