Going to Outerbanks in June, looking for a good charter? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Going to Outerbanks in June, looking for a good charter?

lostinthewoods
05-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Hello all. The family and I are going to the outerbanks the last week in June and I'm looking for a good charter. As of right now we are planning on going out with Hac-N-Sac charters.

I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a (for lack of a better term) party boat that sails from the outerbanks? You know the type of boat that will take out everyone who is on the dock in the morning.

My father goes out on one of these boats when he is in Florida.

Sorry this is off topic, but for what it is worth I plan on surf fishing every night while we are there. I've even been practicing casting my big surf casting bait caster for distance. Up to about 75 yards on just about every cast.

Thanks in advance,
lost

Jackman1950
05-22-2009, 07:04 AM
There's the Miss Hatteras that sails down at Oden's dock in Hatteras Village. For an inshore charter check out steve Gwin of the Hang On!

NateM
05-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Miss Oregon Inlet is the head boat at Oregon Inlet and Crystal Dawn is out of Pirates Cove. Miss Oregon Inlet is closer to the inlet so that might add a little more fishing time to your trip.

Starboard
05-22-2009, 12:08 PM
The fishing center at Oregon Inlet has a good website with daily fishing reports. Most of the pictures are from the gulf stream boats, but they always give updates on what's happening on their head boat.

http://www.oregon-inlet.com/fleet/miss_ore.cfm

SmallJawKilla
05-22-2009, 01:32 PM
The "Country Girl" is out of Pirates Cove as well.....fished off it last June and brought back about 80 pounds of tilefish and dolphin between three guys.

Captain and Mate are both top notch. Nice boat that only holds around 25, so it's not too big.

Mainly wreck fishing for sea bass and tiles but it was a blast. I caught a citation tilefish and another guy caught a monster citation sea bass.

The Captain was spotting dolphin off the bridge and slinging a bucktail to em' and nailin' em'....the coolest part of the day was when he had one run under the boat toward the motor.....he hands the rod off to another dude and says "hold this"...runs over to the other side of the stern and pulls the line up....cuts it with his bait knife.....grabs the rod out of the dudes hand (while he's handlining a pissed off dolphin)....and slaps a blood knot in the line quicker than I could blink and lands it.....I think it was around $115 per person for a full day.

Drumdum
05-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Without doubt Miss Hatteras with Spurgeon at the helm will catch fish on every trip... Big party boat out of Oden's Dock in Hatteras Village...

lostinthewoods
05-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Thanks for all the input guys/gals. I'm looking into the above links and we'll let you know how it goes.

Best,
lost