Freshwater Report: My daughters BIG BASS! [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Freshwater Report: My daughters BIG BASS!

rain maker
05-18-2009, 11:10 PM
I took my wife and daughter to a local golf course pond to let my daughter catch a big fish. We were not disappointed. This fish was caught on a ultra-lite rod and reel spolled with 4# test original trilene. I estimated the fish to weigh around 11 or 12#. No I dont think I am exaggerating. I may have misjudged the weight because I was so pumped. However I did not do it on purpose. I have to wait to get the picture cd back from wal-mart to download it. I was hoping some of you could chime in and tell me your estimates. Thanks in advance.

keep-em screamin!:fishing:

Drumdum
05-19-2009, 05:27 AM
It doesn't matter if it was 2lbs.. Your daughter caught a nice bass,and it's worth a picture.. Can't wait to see it.. :)

Reelturner
05-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Show it man, oh I would be busting at the seams if that happened to my child!!

Some people fish their whole lifetime and never catch a lm over 5 #'s.

I remember ....April 22, '77 fishing a Creme black plastic worm with a little chrome spinner in the front of it. It was before we or I had heard of Texas or Carolina rigging plastic worms and when you could just purchase the plastic worm already rigged with a hook in the package. Way back, I caught the 5 1/2 # bass in my dad's pond on a Johnson Century 100B spincast reel with a 5 1/2 foot fiberglass 'pole. I ran all the way to the house hollering about it....and yes....we had that fish for dinner. As dad was picking out the bones I remember him wearing his dark framed glasses so that he could see the bones and through out the supper I dont think he ever looked up ...it was so good.

I remember measuring the bass...it was exactly 24 inches long and alot of people that I showed the pic to said that to be 24 " long it sure looks as if it should weigh more.

Tell her congratulations and may their be plenty more on her line.

Reelturner:popcorn: