Question: Any sheepies yet?? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Question: Any sheepies yet??

virginia boy 1
05-18-2009, 04:19 PM
Thinking about makin a run down to the OBX within the next couple of weekends. I caught my 1st sheep last week of May last year. Any been spotted yet? It's been cold and rainy, will that delay things any?

All I seem to be able to catch from the surf so far this year are cats and croaker.....itching for something different!!

Thanks!

VB1

Drumdum
05-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Thinking about makin a run down to the OBX within the next couple of weekends. I caught my 1st sheep last week of May last year. Any been spotted yet? It's been cold and rainy, will that delay things any?

All I seem to be able to catch from the surf so far this year are cats and croaker.....itching for something different!!

Thanks!

VB1

This ne'r that's blowing like the devil right now probably isn't helping much... :rolleyes: :p They should be here by the first week in June at least...

virginia boy 1
05-25-2009, 09:17 PM
Went friday. water was clear. caught 4 dinks and had one good sized fish hit for about a half second. Other than that, did see a couple blacks and a 26in red. Nothing much else.

Smally
05-26-2009, 03:32 AM
I looked @ the fishing report @ tradewinds tackle website just a bit ago & they had a pic of someone that caught a 9.5 pound sheepshead. was pretty lookin. check it out (http://www.fishtradewinds.com/)

DJSullivan17
05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Saw 1 sheephead caught from the bridge at Oregon inlet on Monday (5/25). Nice fish, but is was the only thing caught from the bridge, other than small flounder, in a 2-3 hour stretch. Fishing should be picking up in the surf soon, but it was lousy last weekend (lots of loose sea grass and cold water). Caught mostly small sand sharks on Sunday. ON the bright side, the sun was out and the beer was cold.

roadkillal
05-27-2009, 01:55 PM
I was at the Avon Pier 2 weeks ago and I saw 2 get pulled up.