Pier Report: nags head 5/16 [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Pier Report: nags head 5/16

vaheelsfan
05-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Fished the little bridge for a couple hours this morning after it finally quit raining around 9. Nothing there so we grabbed some lunch and headed to Nags Head Pier. Been here since 1 and haven't done much but catch skates and skates and some more skates. Had a couple that swallowed the bait (using 5/0 circle hooks, didn't think these were supposed to be swallowable?) so it looks like I'm going to be trying skate wings when I get home Monday. Did land a few small mullet and a couple 4 inch croakers. May try Avalon Pier later.

Scrapple
05-17-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm going to be in Kill Devil Hills Thurs. thru Sun, so I hope things pick up, I wanted to fish from the piers but I may just fish the surf by the OBX Beach Club. Keep posting and good luck.
Scrapple

beachcaster
05-17-2009, 12:25 PM
scrapple, what mile post is the obx beach club? Ill be in kitty hawk fri - tues. I have a couple of nice looking holes close to the beach where Im staying but they werent productive three weeks ago so Im hoping things have picked up.:D:fishing: