any hammering started at frisco? [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : any hammering started at frisco?

pogey moe
05-15-2009, 01:18 PM
just wondering what the latest is on the pier.open by june 9?

Drumdum
05-15-2009, 05:46 PM
Guy that owns the pier also installs pilings... He is supposidly in Texas doing a bulkhead job.. Have been told it would be done in June,but not really so sure it's going to happen that quick.. Especially as much as the wind has been blowing here latly...

pogey moe
05-15-2009, 07:17 PM
thanks drumdum.the wife and i had thought of returning to frisco and considered inquiring about a room from you.we like to fish the pier and i wouldnt know where to go there to fish for trout/flounder (or even to net minnows/shrimp for bait)so i think we may just fish longbeach for june.I still wanted to come to frisco.i have a goal of catching a cobia and a king from my new yak.i feel confident i could get a cobia .The wife wants to try kingfishing from the pier however!Say,how is the trout and flounder fishing behind where you are in the pamlico?Im not used to such a big inlet/sound.Can you catch cobia or tarpon ever in the sound near frisco?Have a good weekend.

Jackman1950
05-16-2009, 04:08 PM
pogey moe, the Avon Pier is about 10 miles north. Just a thought. Can't beat Kenny and Jody's hospitality. Was just there for a week had a blast, 'cept for the wind. Got winded out one day.

ncnat
05-17-2009, 08:41 AM
I heard the same thing Friday.

TreednNC
05-17-2009, 10:46 AM
I heard the same thing Friday.

get away nat...we dont want ur kind on this board....lol...j/k welcome buddy