Question: Atlantic Beach [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Question: Atlantic Beach

BillyTheSquid
05-10-2009, 08:30 PM
:fishing::fishing:hey folks... im heading down for vacation to atlantic beach NC the second week of June. Anyone have any tips for some good fishing from the beach? :fishing::fishing:

Jesse Lockowitz
05-10-2009, 08:39 PM
hit up fort macon.

either side of the jetty.

Jesse

Bull Durham
05-11-2009, 10:25 AM
there were some large black drum beside the jetty at fort macon this weekend...I would put up pics but im at work and for some reason i cant get peir and surf at home anymore...get a timeout error every time i try to log on...i did put pics up on ncwaterman page

Smally
05-11-2009, 11:16 PM
yea, fort macon is the best place near there that I know of. When you come into the parking lot, park right away, that's where the jetty is. If you park @ the end of the lot it's a long walk up. So park early & when you hit the beach the jetty will be to the right. & if you wanna go on a deep sea trip then I recommend the Carolina princess. I've went on a trip each of the last 3 years & had a great time everytime.

Tarheel Angler
05-15-2009, 03:59 PM
Throw the metal (Stingsilver) early in the morning and later in the afternoon...you'll kill the blues and spanish...use a 3 foot steel leader or you'll be spending lots of $$...;)

Jackalopehunter
05-15-2009, 11:46 PM
3 foot steel leader? i know they are toothy but they aint no shark lol...never had a problem usin a 6 inch steel lead.

BillyTheSquid
05-31-2009, 10:02 AM
thanks everyone for the tips and locations. ill be heading down there at the end of this week for a good vacation. last but not least anyone have good tips for bait to try and get me a nice cobia :D