Boating Report More spanairds today [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Boating Report More spanairds today

Ryan Y
04-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Took the Pops out this morning fishing. I think he enjoyed it. We only kept five spanish. pulled the hooks on a couple big ones on the plugs. Got one at 1.25 pounds on the straws. Wind picked up and the bite stopped.

NateM
04-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Hey Ryan is the pack still a ways off the beach or is it yakable? Thinking about trying this weekend.

Ryan Y
04-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Where are you planning on being? I was fishing High Rock. MOst of the fish were picked up on the offshore side of it....It's like paddleing out to the ends of the jetties...Maybe a little further, butI think the winds are supposed to be 15 to 20 out of the SW.

Jackalopehunter
04-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey Ryan, wonderin if its possible to hit em from the beach, or too far out...really hopin to be able to find a few this weekend.

chigger bait
04-30-2009, 01:31 AM
My kid called this afternoon and said he wore the blues and Spanish out in the Inter Coastal Waterway in Onslow County throwing a small Rattle Traps, from the bank.

Him and another Marine that he works with both got limits.

They had duty last night so they only got to fish from 1000 to 1630.

Ryan Y
04-30-2009, 09:18 AM
You'd be better off fishing from the pier right now if you've no boat or yak. Around the inlet at Carolina Beach, they should get there soon so you can wade out on the points and cast shore lures "Glass Minnow". They can also be gotten from Wrightsville beach allot easier from the beach on the south end; Deeper and clearer water.

NateM
04-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Hey Ryan I'd be launching the same place we fished together last year. Too lazy to drive anywhere else. Lots of boats out there but it seems like they are quite a ways out. Wrightsville Beach Police said they were catching them from the surf but I was looking for the mother load. If its like paddling to the jetty i'll be out there this weekend.