Cape Woods Camp Ground [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Cape Woods Camp Ground

ford tk one
04-29-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm coming down fishing at the end of June and I'm staying in my camper at Cape Woods in Buxton. Heard mixed reviews about the place. I don't care so much I'm going to be fishing most of the time and only sleeping there, but I'm bring the famiy. If anyone ever camped there is it a decent place. Thanks

pumpkinboy
04-29-2009, 04:15 PM
its not a bad place, they are big on rules

ford tk one
04-30-2009, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the info. I think the place will be ok, but I heard a couple of complaints. Rules are fine I like thinks quiet anyway.

SPECKS
04-30-2009, 12:33 PM
If you are open to other places... Frisco Woods is about 5 miles South of Buxton and is a great campground. I have been going there for twenty years and have never had any problems. Beats the open field camping the federal campground offers.

ford tk one
04-30-2009, 12:47 PM
I'll have to keep Frisco Woods in mind. Usually when we go down we rent a house, but since we got a new camper thought we would try camping. Thanks.

puckett
05-01-2009, 03:39 PM
Stayed at Cape Woods a couple of years ago. We thought the place was great. Clean facilities, just a couple of minutes from everything you might need. The Point, Conners, RDT and the Orange Blossom. What else is there?
We were there in September so the bugs were a little thick, but like you said, we spent most of out time on the beach.

Rocks&Reds
05-02-2009, 02:48 AM
Stayed there several times, the place is a great place to stay close to everything. Its gated so no rif raf and they have fish cleaning facilities. Highly recomend it!!

bchnut
05-03-2009, 09:19 AM
hey ford tk one, Im a perminant camper there, and have camped at nearly all the campgrounds in the Hatteras area. I wont want to be anywhere else but Capewoods. Look me up when you come down. Site 96 in the back.

surfchunker
05-03-2009, 11:28 AM
never stayed at cape woods but love Frisco woods ... it's right on the sound and has the most beautiful sunsets ....

ford tk one
05-04-2009, 08:23 AM
Thanks for all the information guys. My wife read a couple of bad reviews and was a little worried. It was probably someone who was up set. I had the samething at another campground that had bad reviews and we stayed there and it was nice. BCHNUT I'll be down the week of June 14 thru the 19 so I'll look you up.

7Husker
05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
we stay in Rodanthe at Camp Hatteras. More central and great camp ground. Pricy but well maintained