Upper Cape Cod & Weekapaug R.I. [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Upper Cape Cod & Weekapaug R.I.

chefish
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Well, just got back to Va. from a trip to Cape Cod and Rhode Island. Race point on the cape was slow until the wind started coming in from the ocean and then it picked up. Nothing huge or any major blitzes but better than the week of 10/01. Early morning was the ticket to harbor blues and some small bass. Guys fishing just off shore were hitting bass and blues. Just a little further and they were getting Giant Bluefin Tuna. Saw a 600 + lb fish come in!!!
Went to Rhoddy and had a blast with bigger blues (to 14 #'s) and nailed a nice 30# bass. Weekapaug breachway, the overlook down the road and Watch Hill were where I fished and I had a great time. For those who like to fly fish for bass the schoolies were in the rocks after silversides at the scenic overlook between Weekapaug Breachway and the Fire District Beach. Now its back to work and this weekend back onto the redfish and speckled trout! Hope all have a great season end. Remeber, if you get bored up there come on down for the biggest striper tournament on the east coast in January. Thats a lot of fun!!!!

jimmy z
10-17-2008, 06:51 AM
The RI shore has some hot spots. I fish the areas you mentioned, and there are none better.

chefish
10-21-2008, 03:15 PM
you said a mouthful there!

I miss the rocky coast line up there. The fishing here is great and depending on the day there are significantly more species available from shore, but there are just some things you cannot do here in Va that you can do up in N.E.! I wonder if the 2 week out of state clamming license is still $11.00 in Rhode Island? Getting a bunch o' steamers, fresh corn and a pound of butter. Nothing like it here. Crabs are okay, but clams have more meat and are easier to eat. I had a fried clam jones like you read about when I went up on vacay. I took care of that on the cape at a place in Hyannis called Cookes. They are the best fried clams on the Cape. I wish they served Whole Bellies here, but I have yet to find a place that I would trust even with strips!! Ahh well, I guess I'll just have to make more trips back until I move back!!!!!!

Slammer
10-26-2008, 01:11 AM
It's closing down here.Freshwater still good.

jimmy z
11-02-2008, 06:59 AM
Yup, the fat lady is gearing up.:)