Cabin Fever Time is Over!!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Cabin Fever Time is Over!!!!!!!!!!!

Fireline20
03-25-2008, 11:39 AM
I have survived another winter of cabin fever, tyeing rigs, spending money on new stuff and just pretty much just walking in trance and now it is FISHING TIME:fishing:

Heading out today for Ft Fisher for 4 days of hook wetting and just generally being a major beach bum.

Not sure if my room has wireless but I have the laptop with me and will report if I can get a connection.

Yahooooooooo:):):):):):):):):):):)

JeepMike
03-25-2008, 11:56 AM
do it to it brotha!! Good luck

basstardo
03-25-2008, 12:06 PM
Good luck man! I'm busy as hell and don't have much time to get out, but I'm still glad winter is over!

N topsail fisher
03-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I was up at the N end of Carolina beach this past saturday. Didn't catch anything or see anybody else catch anything.

It was really windy, but I was in the area so I had to try. Hope you catch more than I did.

squalus
03-25-2008, 01:22 PM
Winter doesn't feel over yet up here 24 frikken degrees this morning!

3 weeks and I'll be in Frisco though and I can't wait!

Finger_Mullet
03-25-2008, 01:33 PM
We tried the surf in several locations in KB and CB this past weekend. The only surf action I saw was directly across from the old Seagul B&T in CB. They were catching a few sea mullet.

We fished Saturday afternoon on the Kure Beach pier. We caught tons of sea mullet. Most were small but some were decent size. Both doggie varieties were biting as well. Skates and rays were being pulled up in good numbers early but slacked off later in the afternoon.

We fished at the end of the pier. Everyone was catching mullet at the end on shrimp. The bite slacked off around 5:30pm so we went to the house.

Darin

pier-legend
03-25-2008, 01:56 PM
...well the season started this past wednesday...the last day of winter....
full moon phase had started ..and a howling SW wind... with a falling barometer..found BLUEFISH out the ying-yang with a green grub..up to 2lb...way back in the water way..they felt like ICE when I touched em...
Moved a couple more times and found 4SPECKLED TROUT on a mirrolure...MAN it was good to get the spring going..
4 trout the next day and only 1 the next...the wind shut em down....but it was a start! 2-4 lbs....

Drumdum
03-25-2008, 08:08 PM
PL,two ta four lbs is more than a start!!
Nice job,specially this early in the yr...

Fireline20
03-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Well it was great to get a hook wet :fishing:and feel a bit of sunburn on my arms but fishing was not that great and I can sum it up with S words..

1. S for Skunked on Wed and Thurs:mad:
2. S for Surf cause it was high:mad:
3. S for Sand cause it was blowing around big time after 1-2 PM.:mad:
4. S for State Park Ranger who snuck up on me while my wife dozed with beer can on our table and I was checking rods..:mad:
5. S for Skate as he gave me a break with no fine:) (Firespyder it helps to have a chick around to help with the Park Ranger,,,lol)
6. S for Shark as I caught a couple of 2-3 footers on Friday with salted blue fish from last year.:)
7. S for Skate again for the couple I caught on Friday pm Shrimp:)
8. S for Suds for the moderate amounts of carbonated adult beverages I consumed.:beer:
9. S for Seafood for the excellent fried shrimp, scallops, flounder and oysters at the Ocean Grill at Kure/Carolina beach,,,best seafood I have had in a long time:)
10. S for I Saw my old buddy Harry the Heron(see previous posts) who survived the winter and was up to his old trick of hanging around the Explorer begging for fish.;)
11. S for Spring and thank god it is here.:fishing:

Philly Jack
03-29-2008, 06:12 PM
Nice post. I can't wait. 13 and a wake up for me and I'll wet a line.
Wife must be cute to help you get off with a warning, good job there too

Fireline20
03-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Sounds like ur so short, you could sit on a dime and dangle your feet.

Good job soldier...come on home

Fireline20
03-29-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh as to the wife, she has always been a looker, 7 years my junior. Few pounds on her now but the face of an angel...

My friends still swear I held her family hostage till she married me...lol

Great wife, great pal, great mother, best friend and she can bait her own hook and sling it out there with the best of them.