Poll!!!!!!!!!! [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Poll!!!!!!!!!!

wdbrand
03-24-2008, 02:09 PM
A link to a poll has been posted on DD's warroom. Read carefully before you pull the trigger on that one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very wording of that poll means a yes vote would allow orv's to drive in nesting areas and on dunes, or could be construed as such. IMHO, it is mis-worded and will be used against any yes votes. I just sent an e-mail to the pilot asking them to pull the poll immediately, re-word it to not be driving on the dunes or in nesting areas and only on the beaches where it's been allowed for years, also to trashcan all votes that have been cast and then post a properly worded poll. I urge anyone who has or hasn't voted to send an e-mail to the Pilot and request it be pulled. No, demand it be pulled. wdbrand.

fishinmama
03-24-2008, 02:55 PM
http://hamptonroads.com/polls/should-beach-driving-be-banned-cape-point-and-six-other-prime-fishing-spots-along-cape-hattera

OBX Jay
03-24-2008, 03:32 PM
Looks like your e-mail worked.

wdbrand
03-24-2008, 04:29 PM
it won't me. Ain't got that kinda a$$ to influence a newspaper. Must have been a lotta folks. And nice to know somebody listened fer a change. wdbrand.

Drumdum
03-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Need this on every feeshin board... At least we can tell em where we stand on this...

Hurricane44
03-24-2008, 08:47 PM
currently its 95% to 5% - overwhelming majority do NOT want ORV access to be banned!

uncleray
03-24-2008, 09:12 PM
That's great but we need a bigger response.
Anybody reading this thread please do it now.

saltandsand
03-25-2008, 02:18 AM
currently its 95% to 5% - overwhelming majority do NOT want ORV access to be banned!

But this here is a democracy and even the slightest minority view must be heard. Not saying it's relevant here...many a good thing has happened from listening to those who do not agree with the masses.

IMO it's all about fair and reasonable compromise. Let's hope that the courts will decide well on this issue. Big bucks are on the table and it's not going away anytime soon. It'll be in a town near all of us at some point. Dang tree huggers...gotta luv em for their diligence!!

Drumdum
03-25-2008, 06:40 AM
But this here is a democracy and even the slightest minority view must be heard. Not saying it's relevant here...many a good thing has happened from listening to those who do not agree with the masses.

IMO it's all about fair and reasonable compromise. Let's hope that the courts will decide well on this issue. Big bucks are on the table and it's not going away anytime soon. It'll be in a town near all of us at some point. Dang tree huggers...gotta luv em for their diligence!!

Saltandsand,do you ever get to come down here?? If you have,then you would know the interim plan,as enforced by NPS right now,is compromise for both sides.. Huge wintering closures now,and as usual,the closers for the plover when they are here.
I agree,they are well organized,and do thier jobs well.. Course you and I don't have jobs that come from tax exempt contributions.. It's really not about birds,it's about access and our privelege as fishermen... As you said they will find a new reason to try and shut down another fishing hole near you as well... Special intrest at it's finest...

fishinmama
03-25-2008, 11:08 AM
we've compromised ourselves to the point we are now & they will continue to seek compromise til we are out of beach to compromise...
[email protected], i'm tired of compromising - i'm old enuf to remember being able to drive vast stretches of beaches with no problems...
that said, if the only way we end up having access is to compromise yet again, i will.

cocoflea
03-25-2008, 11:22 AM
Just take it from someone who didn't have many place to fish and they still take them away do not let them take it away once you lose it you never get it back that's what happen up here.