Bip [Archive] - PierandSurf.com | Pier and Surf Fishing Forum

View Full Version : Bip

turfrooster
03-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Im planning on going to BIP this weekend. Has anyone got any reports from last weekend? Anyone have an idea of whats biting? -Thanks

jobxe327
03-21-2008, 01:50 AM
from what ive heard nothing much at all, but you for shure wont get anything if you dont wet a line,

Jesse Lockowitz
03-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Im planning on going to BIP this weekend. Has anyone got any reports from last weekend? Anyone have an idea of whats biting? -Thanks

eh, ive heard of a few mullet/blowfish, and some small bluefish..but its kinda slow this time of year...

and weather is going to be wicked this weekend.

wait til mid april, should be more goin on :-)

DrumintheSuds
03-21-2008, 08:04 AM
This time of year you need to watch one thing....

Water temps!

Southerly wind blows in warmer water...Fish bite
Warm water retreats...Fish bite less

The temps are up and down, up and down this time of year which means the fish are as well. You have to catch them just right until weather patterns become more consistant.

Fireline20
03-21-2008, 06:07 PM
This time of year you need to watch one thing....

Water temps!

Southerly wind blows in warmer water...Fish bite
Warm water retreats...Fish bite less

The temps are up and down, up and down this time of year which means the fish are as well. You have to catch them just right until weather patterns become more consistant.

Let's hope that your right about southerly winds driving warmer water into the shore because I am heading to Ft Fisher on Tuesday and staying through Saturday.

The forecast for is for 7 mph southerly winds beginning Tuesday night and 8-12 mph winds from the south through Thursday night with afternoon temps in the mid to high 60's.

Sounds good to me

turfrooster
03-22-2008, 12:31 AM
im just looking to pick up a few mullet and dogfish with a couple of my biddies. Does the water temp and wind really affect their movement this early in the season, or does it really matter, becasue I thought they hit year round..Would any large sharrks be around....im leaving tomarrow and ill post a report when i get back.

Fireline20
03-22-2008, 09:09 AM
They just posted the forecast for next Friday and it will be more of the,,,5-10 mph winds from the south highs in the mid to high 60's.

Looks like I picked a good week to come.